1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Really Starting Not To Like This Forum Anymore.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BookWriter1994, Sep 19, 2015.

1. BookWriter1994

I really do like Empty Closets. Like, it is really the best forum out there for LGBTQ. However, every time I would make a thread about my problems or events or even just wanted advice on something, I barely get any replies.

However, if I like post something in the chit chat forum like What Type of Music Do You Listen To or something similar like that, I would get a whole lot of replies right away. I don't mind those replies but when I really do need advice because I am still questioning my sexuality, I would like at least a few replies so that it could help me figure myself out.

This is really getting frustrating, and I really don't want to leave Empty Closets either.

2. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Empty Closets is an amazing site but if someone doesn't respond your thread in the support area I wouldn't take it personally! Sometimes people simply just don't know what to answer, even if they want to help.

3. Gallatin

Don't forget that you can always PM a staff member if you need support/advice. :slight_smile:

4. RainDreamer

Sometimes there are problems that are just not easy to reply to. Sometimes because the problem is too personal, sometimes it is too difficult to solve by a group of random kind-hearted strangers online, sometimes people simply lack a way to express their feelings.

And sometimes, it is because the problems hit too close for home and people don't want to think about it.

Remember, "we are not alone" means both ways. It means you have people understanding the pain you are going through. But it also means those people experienced the same pain and finding no answers too.

5. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I dont think its anything personal. Certain problems are hard to relate to but, keep at it, and you'll get a repsonse.

6. Joelouis

Just because someone doesn't post a reply on your thread, that doesn't necessarily mean your thoughts aren't important or that they have gone unnoticed.
    I personally would like to answer many more threads than I actually do, but I have difficultly in translating my thoughts into words. Therefore I tend to keep out of it.

If you look at my wall posts or friends list, you'll see hardly any, considering the time I've been a member. That's not to say I'm not sociable, or I'm not very friendly, because I am.
    I'll always stop at the roadside if someone needs help, and I'll fight tooth 'n nail for the well being of an injured or suffering animal.

Keep making threads and posts and I'm sure you'll be fine!

7. Blue787Bunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm a person who does the contrary, if members are familiar with me I actually do most of my posts (replies) in Anonymous, General Support, Physica Health Forums. BUT I don't reply to ALL "problem threads". For one, I reply to threads where I can relate to a person. Second, if I have actual knowledge or expertise in the subject. Third, the actual gravity of the situation. Fourth, I'd scroll past threads which go against certain principles of my practice. There are also times where I genuinely have little experience or knowledge on an issue. And rather than give an uninformed or flawed advice, I'd rather keep to myself.

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

From similar-enough threads:

&

9. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry that you feel this way! >.< I click on topics all the time but I don't really feel like I can give advice on them sometimes because I just haven't really lived enough yet and I don't want to give faulty advice/help.

Lots of people may just not know how to help you or other people and that really sucks but it's true. We're not all natural problem solvers. :/

10. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you need to talk I'm here for you

11. BookWriter1994

Thank you everyone for your responses. It really did make me feel better and I will still stick around!

12. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Good! :slight_smile:

13. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know that feeling-support threads are rarely replied to. Game threads are simply easier to reply to.

14. Viator

QS9 - Just today I read a thread that, well, hit too close to home for me to reply to in a way that I was afraid I would start "contributing" to that person by making it all about my story. Reading your post reminds me of the value of people making even a simple statement so as to acknowledge that you reached out; especially if you are trying to work out some complex emotion or problem. Thanks very much posting this.

15. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Somehow, never getting replies really bother me, and if I got page views, it would help knowing that at least someone read what I said. The only thing that would irritate me is if my thread would get hijacked, but that hasn't happened often here if at all.

I tend not to reply to advice threads because I find them to be kind of redundant and don't want to repeat the same things over and over to people.

It's also probably based on how established and liked you are here; naturally, if you have few friends, you'll most likely be faceless to most of the posters, but if they knew you and were your friends they would reply to your threads. It's very similar to high school in that way.

#15 AtheistWorld, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  16. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you ever need to vent you can talk to me on my wall.

17. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Ha, yeah... I sometimes feel I need breaks from EC. Mainly because there are so many racists and what other... people... here, who're allowed to say basically whatever they want whenever without any repercussions.

18. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was going to say that I've never seen this user before and I would reply to her thread if I knew the answer to it... but this was several months ago! I wasn't even a part of the forum back then.

19. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's actually not the case at all. The staff will act to remove any racist threads, or contributions that violate the member code of conduct and we encourage members to help and support us by reporting such items. Issues or comments of concern are addressed by the staff and where appropriate we contact members privately, so it's unfair and untrue to say that people can post "whatever they want without any repercussions".

If you have specific concerns it might be a good idea to open a thread in Ask the Staff so we can discuss it with you.

20. guitar

There are a lot of problems on this forum I either don't really relate to, can't think of any meaningful advice, or simply don't have time to read and respond to.

#20 guitar, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2015