1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help With LGBT Art Project!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by grungeteen, Sep 19, 2015.

1. grungeteen

I'm doing and art project on like questioning your sexuality and stuff. I'm trying to think of all the different emotions and feelings that a person goes through when questioning their sexuality. Some I have are:

Confusion, feeling messed up and all over the place, don't know who they are, feeling like their in an identity crisis, isolation, falling apart, broken, lonely, (eventually) acceptance, pride.

I'd like to focus on like confusion and feeling messed up but at the same time, I'd like to paint about like being queer and what it's like and stuff.

I'd really like some help on anymore emotions or ideas of what to draw/ paint in general. I'd prefer to do some kind of portraiture and I'm hoping to do an oil painting.

2. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Frustration, sadness, & alienation.

3. rudysteiner

I'm going to agree with frustration and alienation.

4. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The isolation of people not really knowing you, the fear of letting people see who you are.
    Probably a bit cliche but the image that comes to my mind is someone looking at themselves in a mirror or window, and the reflection does not match the person.

5. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It seems like you already have a general idea of the themes that you want to portray in your art project. With that said you is already on a good start. I feel as though that you should do portraiture if it is something you want to do, and I would suggest that you do a series of portraits.

Also had you look at the work of any other artists that deal with themes of identity, specifically sexual identity, and gender? I would suggest you look for artists that work with those themes to help generate ideas and inspiration. You could also read some of the experiences that people had here on EC, look at news article, scientific studies, etc., that deal with the themes that you want to work with.

6. Donteatthesushi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You forgot loathing, anger, despair, turmoil, depression, anxiety and paranoia.

#6 Donteatthesushi, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  7. YinYang

Definitely loneliness and isolation. Scared of someone finding out or rejecting you, untrusting of others, feeling different from other people.