1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you meet your boyfriend/girlfriend (same sex)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Eye Shine, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Eye Shine

I was wondering how some EC people met their significant other. To me it feels like it's a lot more difficult to find a same sex partner and that the opportunity rarely present itself.

So what about you guys? Where did you meet your partner?

2. warthog

He passed by my house. but I didn't know then I was meeting someone special.

I knew when we met under a blanket.

Of course years later everything went to hell.

*sigh*

3. Oddsocks

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Completely by accident! I was on a friend's deviantART page back when I was 16 or so and happened to see my friend talking to her about an upcoming convention. She mentioned that she was going to be cosplaying the same character as me, and I jumped in all "Oh man, me too!" and then we just ended up chatting and exchanged messenger details.

We turned out to have practically everything in common, became best friends for ages, and eventually somewhere along the line feelings happened and I eventually confessed in a flustered mess of rambling about how I didn't want to ruin our friendship BUT....

And then she pointed out that the feeling was completely mutual, and things just got gayer from then on, really, and have been getting progressively gayer over the past 5 years.

(All my past girlfriends have been friends of mine before we went out. The gay clumping effect is in full force in my friend group, and so if someone would either develop a thing for me, or me for them, that would be that story really! "We were friends and then we dated for a while" is the narrative of most of my previous relationships.)

4. Donteatthesushi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    We took a cooking class together and we were on washing duty. So there we were washing plates and he starts talking to me, i started talking to him, though i was so damn nervous i swear i would drop a plate then he asks me i was seeing someone, if i was interested in girls, i told him i wasn't, looking down at the sink as i washed the last plate and was done with it. Skip ahead to the end of the class (i was kicking myself for not asking him out) when we locked up and were going home. I heard him run up and he grabbed my hand i turned around he wanted to ask me if i was free sometime, i said yes and that was that.

#4 Donteatthesushi, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  5. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

We entered this world together, and we'll leave at the same time. We have just the right amount in common and accept each others flaws, we argue amongst ourselves occasionally but we resolve it every time and emerge as a stronger, smarter, more experienced, united front.

My partner is myself because I'm the only thing humanity can offer that I deserve

6. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She's a close friend's cousin and housemate. I went to said friend's housewarming party, and we clicked instantly. Our first date was a few days later, and we were a couple within a few weeks.

7. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met her in elementary school ^.^ we became really good friends, then emotionally opened up to each other, and feelings happened and now we are together~

8. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We met in a gay bar. I was actually there with an ex (already ex at that point--still friends all this time later) to get a drink before heading out dancing. We never made it to the dancing. When I called my friend the next day to apologize for ditching him his response was "are you kidding, I was there, I saw him. No apologies necessary.":lol: My partner and I have been together for 17 years.

9. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I met my last partner in high school, I'd heard rumors of a cute new exchange student from America and I was kind of curious to meet them because they skipped class as much as I did. Found out a couple weeks after school had started that we shared a class, when they walked in, I heard their voice before I saw them and once we made eye contact, I couldn't look away.

I started showing up to school every single day and I'd go to all my classes in hopes that I'd bump into them and maybe start a conversation but I was too nervous so I just stared at them from a distance. One day, they were looking a little lost so I asked them where they were headed. Then a couple days later I found out we had the same free period when we bumped into each other at the library. Conversation goes as follows:
    Them: Hey, we share ECE together, right?? I never got your name the other day!
    Me: You don't know my name, [Their name here]???
    Them: How do you know my name?
    Me: I know everything.
    I was about to sign into the library but I didn't want them to figure out my name too soon so I left. A couple days later, they called out my name as I was with friends and I turned around. They were so happy to have figured it out.

In high school I came off as slightly homophobic or they thought so because when they kissed my head my reaction was "gross." and wiped it off. That had more to do with the fact that I'm not a big fan of random and unexpected affection. Cue "flirtation ship" [This was mostly butt grabs and them asking me to nude model for their photography project, which I declined] A month or so after they left to go back to America, I told them I had a huge crush on them and they told me they had a huge crush on me. We'd missed the little signs, I just thought they were an overly friendly American and they thought I wasn't interested.

We stayed friends for a long time and then when things got too intimate too soon, we couldn't make the distance work. We're sort of on good terms now.

10. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We met on an online dating service. I like to tell people it was ChristianMingle.

11. MyMoribundMask

Out Status:
    Some people
    I met her back when I was in school.
    We were best friends and then it developed into something more.
    Aaaand then she dumped me.

12. Embalmer

Embalmer Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a friend who's a "fag hag", and she introduced him to me. We lasted eight months together.

13. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met my partner while waiting to board a flight that we were both taking. He was living in the city where the flight originated and I was living in the city where we were flying to. It took about five months before we were able to go on our first date together. We clicked and have been together since then.

14. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met my girlfriend trough a mutual friend, in his car on the way to a party. We had a great evening and there was some connection between her and me right away from the beginning. On the way home I sat next to her, had my head on her shoulder, our hands were slowly moving and finally touching. But that was all. It was not the right time due to different circumstances and things we both had to get clear on our own.

After some months, I got a call from an unknown number...and it was her :icon_bigg We met to go to a party together, then we met more often, alone and with our mutual friend (he was her best friend, so it's strange that we never met each other in all the years).
    Well and one lead to another, we met more often, we kissed, made out a lot and we finally admited our feelings. That was over half a year after our first meeting in the car. So yeah, it all took enough time :lol: But I'm still with her an happy :slight_smile:

15. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  16. guitar

My first boyfriend I met at a party. We had mutual friends at university and knew of each other. We ended up being the only people awake at the end of the night. He confessed to me he was probably gay, I said the same (he was only the 2nd or third person I told). We ended up kissing which led to a 4-5 month relationship.

My second bf was through a dating site.

17. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We met on a forum for a mutual hobby and became friends. While we had each other as friends on Facebook, we lost contact for a while. Somehow I ended up following her on Tumblr and one night she posted asked if anyone wanted to talk about Star Trek. I'd recently gotten into the original series so I messaged her. It wasn't long before we were talking every night for hours. We developed feelings for each other at the same time, but she confessed hers first. Two years later, here we are.

18. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    All of these sound adorably romantic! Sadly I have no story to tell, seeing as I'm lonely like always. I thought this was an adorable thread, so I'm just going to post here, hehe~ Anyway, these stories are definitely relationship goals for me xD I hope to find my "partner" in an unexpected adventure. Maybe then I'll actually know this "love" feeling you guys are talking about.

19. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm still pretty new at this dating a guy thing since i'm only been together with my (1st) boyfriend for 5 weeks. We met in a gay-friendly bar. That time i didn't know that we have a gay bar around.

He was one of the only 3 guys that willing to talk to me (the bartender absolutely did not count).

since i'm not out yet, i introduce him as my "friend whom i rarely see" (which i always apologize immediately afterwards). But he already introduce me as BF to his friend. Besides any introducing awkward moment we have pretty normal relationship for long distance couple.

#19 sartorious, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  20. IrishJ

I will gladly post this when it happens.