1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the time has come... again

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by cromig, Jan 6, 2009.

1. cromig

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    so like 2 years ago i came out to my parents. they flipped and had me see a shrink til i was "better." i had to lie to them to get them off my back. but now im 18 and i feel like i shouldn't have to live this lie anymore. i have talked to a close teacher and she told me i should wait til im out of the house. but it is just getting really stressful and upsetting. :bang: any tips? lol

2. Mickey

If you're at a point where you can be on your own,this would be a good idea.
    It's better then being thrown out. You need to do something ...for your own sake.
    Are there friends,family ,etc. who you can stay with til you get on your feet?
    You already know how things are gonna go,if this comes up,with your parents,again.
    For your own sake,do what you have to do. Your mental health is at stake here.
    I wish you only the very best. We are all here for you.

3. littledinosaurs

If they are paying for college and this could prevent them i would suggest against telling them.

4. cromig

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    yeah we do plan on them paying for school. but i am getting to the point where id rather go into a million dollars in student loans and be happy then keep being like this. sounds kinda back and forth, my thoughts and what not. thanks though! its helping me clear my brain!

5. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am sorry...but I agree with you. I think it is best to come out ultimately...that said, I would make sure that you have support when you do it. If they react negatively then it would be important to have someone to go to. Also, it might be easier to come out this time in a letter so that you could explain more. Maybe give them some of the research about how ex-gay groups are bad and why, and then about how your orientation is not chosen and some information about how one can be a Christian and bisexual(assuming you are religious). This way, maybe they'll have some time to react and some resources to go to when they are ready.
    Regarldess of what your doing,
    best of luck.

6. cromig

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    umm yeah my parents are pretty religious. when i had tryed last time they made me see a mormon counsiler (ima bad speller). and i had to talk tto religious leaders and all this crap.
    as for a support group, thats what my teach told me to get. im just not sure how to come across a person/ persons that can take me in and help support me. i cant go to family cuz every1 is so much alike in views and i mean all of my friends are still living at home to. my teach said i needed to just ride thru the storm for the next few months... easier to say and think than i can do :/