1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Literature on Genderneutrality/Gender Neutral Pronouns

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by quietisviolent, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Hii!

For Dutch class at school, I’m going to do some research on gender neutral pronouns and genderneutrality in the Dutch language. I’ve chosen this subject because the Dutch language doesn’t have a gender neutral pronoun and I want to figure out why. In my project I will be comparing different language tot he Dutch language, like French (which is a very gendered language), English (which has the possibility of a gender neutral pronoun), Swedish (which recently introduced a gender neutral pronoun) and any other language that is comparable at this point.

I think this project will be very interesting and also very useful to me in my process of coming out as genderqueer at school.

I only got one big problem: I have to have different sources (preferably literature) in order tob e allowed to do this.

So my question to you is: Do you know about any books or articles (preferably Dutch or English) centered around genderneutrality (in language) or gender neutral pronouns? Interviews and other sources are very welcome as well.

Thanks!!
    (*hug*)

2. Moonflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. Thanks a lot! I will definitely check it out! And English articles isn't a problem because my teacher said it'sokay so :slight_smile: