1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Empty Closets saved me.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Astral, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Astral

I came here quite some time ago now, confused, scared, unknowing of who I was or the beautiful path my life was going to take. I had no exposure to trans life, in my small town world. The terms, ideas, concepts were all so new but at the same time felt so fitting to describe myself.

Slowly, but surely, I explored my gender identity. Learning more of who I was, first by small steps like painting my nails and dressing in private to gradually bigger ones like public presenting and purchasing of hair until my own grows out.

Fast forward to now, almost half a year later. I am living nearly full time as a female, and for the first time in my 20 years of being on this planet, I am understanding what true happiness is. I feel like I have a personal identity, and that I finally am free from the internal prison that is my mind and body.

I look back, and wonder if it's possible I could have imagined it all. This new world, the changes - they seem so surreal, but I remind myself the gushing happiness resulting from it is not. But how would I have gotten here? Surely not without the help of the people here at EC, Kelsey specifically. I love you all so much, from the bottom of my heart, for giving me the courage and reassurance to follow my instincts and become the person I am - a beautiful, smart woman who's now ready to take on the world for the first time in her life!

I just wanted to take a moment to extend a thank you to all of you out there who offer support to the many dire minds who come here seeking it, as what is done here truly does affect people and change lives. I realize I am not as active as I should be, as now my life is in order I feel I need to pay back the tremendous debt that has been given to me. & if one day, I can impact someone in the world like you've all done for me, I will die feeling accomplished.(&&&)

Love forever,

Celeste

2. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I'm glad that Ec saved you and now everything is falling into place for you <3

Now take that experience and use it to help save others!

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    This is so much like my own experience! I even joined only 15 days after you. ^^

Keep going forward and help those who need it! :slight_smile:

Lots of love, xoxo <3

#3 Invidia, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  4. Donteatthesushi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Same, the stories, advice and support here is helping me. When i came here i was desperate for a way out was at such a low point. i still a at a low point, but after talking to an advisor on here i feel a little better about my life. I feel like i can make it. A little hope is better than none right?

#4 Donteatthesushi, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  5. Yosia

I'm glad that you feel happy here and that we could help you, and am especially happy for you that your life is going so excellently. <3

6. Moonflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm glad to hear that EC helped you--I like reading positive things like that. If everyone who had received help for a dark time in their lives thought that way, it would be a better world. So glad for you.

7. guitar

To the original poster, that was absolutely beautiful. A superb summary of what so many trans people feel: to be trapped in the prison of your mind.

This community is amazing and has certainly helped me on my journey. :slight_smile: