1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People who dont post

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by EthanS, Jun 7, 2007.

1. EthanS

EthanS Guest

I was just wonderin... why some people dont post?? especially the ones that have joined ages ago.. I think its becoz they feel worried or nervous or summit like that.. well thats how i felt at first. Or probly cant deal being gay or summit like that:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. justjoshoh

With any message board, you tend to get lurkers. Some of them are legitimate users, that come to read the posts. Some of them are folks that signed up and for whatever reason fail to return. Some are search engine crawlers that come and scan the posts for things to pick up on, so when you Google search "-------" this site is one of the sites it displays.

3. Kimi

Well, maybe because when they joined here, this site is not active as now. So like even they wanted to post something there weren't many people who is gonna read or response. So they didn't post anything then they kinda faded away...That's my understanding so I might be wrong very highly.

But what I don't understand is person who joined to this site lately and doesn't post anything...but using PM and ask other members to chat with them...

VERY confusing to me:icon_roll

4. Swimmerboy

Yeah, that is kind of odd.

5. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Hus done dat???

6. shellz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    some people like myself may not post often because of being shy or something:confused: like that--- or they do not wanna say the wrong thing.

7. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe they just don't have anything to say...

8. EthanS

EthanS Guest

When i think im gonna say summit rong il still say it, but not all da time tho

9. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello. As a new member to this site, it is kind of overwhelming at first. I came to the site to have a place to be open, ask questions, and interact with people who are less judgmental of me. Although I did post one time out of a need to just say something, I feel kind of responsible to "catch up" by reading all (at least some of the previous threads). It has taken me several days just to get acquainted with most of the stuff on the site.

Just a thought,

WTinal

10. Kimi

Well, I understand that. In fact, it took me about 2 month to become active as I am now. So I'm not talking about that.
    I'm talking about people who joined to this site just few hours ago and drop PM to me or other people and ask if I or others had a any messenger system like msn messenger or yahoo and etc...and when I tell my nick name on messenger to them then they never appears to this site...well they do but never post anything but doing PM more...Doesn't it weird or what?

11. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It would be interesting to look at when they last visited. Some may have joined ages ago when the site was a lot less busy than now, got bored and not bothered to come back.

I have been wondering about compiling a list of email addresses of people who used to be active (so have posted a few times) but haven't been here for ages, and sending them an email suggesting they might like to come and have another look now. But I dunno if that's a good idea or not.

12. Qu_

Qu_ Guest

I actually visit and read every day, just don't always have something to say :/

13. nisomer

i used to post a lot more than i do now...i dont have as much time anymore, although i still read through a lot of the threads. haha i remember when i first joined there were usually only a couple of new posts per day!

14. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You also need to factor in that this is a "help with coming out/being queer" forum... so when people become (more) comfortable with their sexuality, they often drift away. It's very predictable.

15. Steam Giant

I know that sometimes, especially in the support section, I'll read a thread and think, "wow...everybody's already said everything I can think of," and so I don't respond. This could be one reason, or that perhaps they're shy, and are maybe intimidated by the "high post count" posters, or are afraid of joining the comminity for fear of their voice not being heard, people looking down on them, etc. There can be many reasons, but it's really a forum thing, and nothing specific to this site.

16. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Well if you want to do a "where are they now", these people have made 20 or more posts, but haven't been back here since the end of January. A few of them were into hundreds of posts!

Looking at the profiles, I think a few left when they were 18 so could join ###. Some I think just didn't find what they need here. But with most, I have no idea why they disappeared.

They are in date order of last visit so you are more likely to recognise the later ones.

cowboy_wannabe
    Eligh
    JonB321
    hawkeye
    drhladnjak
    Stew
    Jordano
    Ginuwine
    Matt
    teents
    Brandon
    Mnstn
    Merc
    goratrix
    lost
    CryCrazy27
    essenceofrandom
    zbgirl
    xyc
    CrazECarmine
    cyclopsrock
    GQMan
    popboy
    Aaron
    daggerz​

17. SpikySpice

Hhhhmmm, I dont k=seem to know any of them, But I know some of my buddies also have left EC, that was obviously weird. And i lost contacts, too

Well. at first I signed up on EC, I stayed here like for 2 or 3 days, and I didnt feel confortable, so i went to join ### and stayed there for a week, then got banned, so then i got back to EC. But still, i dint post much cuz still feel not really comfy, still didnt have many friends.

Then I found Worlds In A Song Game, so I started to make friends, and now feel much better^^

18. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It sounds like we need some more fun/game threads then! :wink:

Any other ideas to make it more welcoming for new members?

19. Steam Giant

Games are always fun ^^ we already have word in the song and the one-word story (although I have a personal preference for the one sentence story game). Opinion threads/polls are always popular with the newer members, as well as the "who are you" questions ^^

I'm kind of short on ideas at the moment, I'm sorry ^^; but I think attracting younger members is a strong point for EC...so you could either work to further strengthen that point and specialize, or attempt to create a balance by working on appealing to older members.

20. SpikySpice

Oh yeah, polls are fun games threads are really easy for beginers, and can make new members feel home.

I dont know much about games threads, tho. Using links isnt working, too