1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Did You Feel When You Got Contacts?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BookWriter1994, Sep 25, 2015.

1. BookWriter1994

I have been wearing glasses since like around middle school. I am now 21 about to be 22 and finally I am trying out contacts to see if contacts are truly for me.

So far I like them in fact I am wearing them right now as I typing this and to be honest it feels amazing not wearing glasses all day.

So I was just wondering what are your thoughts and feelings when you first started wearing contacts

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm just trying them out too!

My eye felt a little weird after the last time I wore them, so I'm taking a little break.

But it feels great not to have glasses moving around on your face. It'll be really nice in the winter not having them fog :grin:

3. Joelouis

I moved from glasses to contacts when I was 22 and the difference was immense. Then I had laser surgery three years later and that was better still.

4. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Same as everyone else, really. Very good and helpful. I have nothing more to add.

5. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got contacts pretty early. I was eleven years old, and I love them!
    I don't know whether my eyes were simply stabilizing, or it was the contacts, but they did some good on my eyes.
    I had pretty bad eyesight. I started off at age 8, with power -2.50, and by the time I was eleven, I was -4.50 when I got my contacts. Three years later, it has decreased less significantly (I'm at 5) and it seems to be doing good. They're very comfortable, and I never liked having glasses on my face.

6. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

I'm a -5 too (in my left eye)! And I have a tiny retinal scar on my right eye - no using microscopes for me!
    Let's hope my eyes don't get worse.

#6 Connorcode, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2015
  7. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    At first it was a bit weird, but mostly because I had trouble taking them out x) other than that, it's pretty nice. I much prefer it over my glasses, & it's a really good feeling seeing well without them on my face.

8. Biker boy

So not trying to be funny here I wear glasses before I got my glasses I wanted contacts went to get them and it was hard for me to get them in I couldn't get them in just wanted to keep my eyes closed but finnaly got them in and its weird I could feel them on my eyes it was bothersome made my eyes hurt and turn red well I also had in the back of my head a story about contacts falling behind your eyes man that thought weirder me out as well could be why I have all them problems could just actual be my fear of them slipping so I don't wear them I know its silly but well what can I say I'm a little nutty lol

9. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have great eye site so I don't need contacts or glasses. :slight_smile:

10. BookWriter1994

Lucky for you! I wish I have your eyesight!

11. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My eyesight is horrible-700/800+ on both eyes. It's harder for me to get proper contacts that way, since my degree is so high. I don't use contacts often-I'm not 'allowed'. I only use it for cosplay, and it's weird, since I have a reflex to push up my glasses, and when wearing glasses, I push thin air. It's awkward, for me XD

12. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My glasses cover up the enormous pits under my eyes, I've had intense eye bags since I was a kid. I feel like I'd look weird with contacts.

13. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm wearing them right now. Easier to put makeup on but drying the fuuuuuhhhh out right now. My eyes feel like sandpaper.

14. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have never tried them

15. Van

Van

I've been wearing glasses for almost 10 years now and have never tried on contacts. I just don't think I could handle all this place/remove thing. I'm so clumsy, that I'd probably lose them the first day. I might try them one day, though.

16. Lyana

I absolutely despised them at first. I thought they were a pain to put on, and they made my eyes hurt, and it wasn't worth it.

With time, I got used to them, and now I wear them pretty regularly. I remember my first time really appreciating how awesome they are was once when it was raining and cold outside, and it was warm inside the classroom. I walked in, and my glasses didn't fog up... because I wasn't wearing any.

Plus you see clearly everywhere -- not limited by the frame of your glasses. So. I like my contacts now, but still find glasses more comfortable.

17. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Much prefer my glasses.

Contacts are okay, I suppose, but I'd have to put about 10 minutes aside to put them in. If I wanted to get up in the middle of the night, after sleeping, it wasn't as casual as putting on glasses to see, so that knocked another point off of them.

But perhaps the main two reasons I like my glasses over contacts is, they provide an extra bit of protection for my eyes, and I can see things out of the corner of my lenses, making me feel like I have eyes in the back of my head.