1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture this!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ScatteredEarth, Sep 25, 2015.

1. ScatteredEarth

Okay, so picture this:

You're thinking of something to do today, and you notice an advertisement for a theater in google, and you think to yourself "That sounds fun" so you google theaters nearby, and the only things around here are drive in theaters. You've never been to them, notice that the price is actually cheap and decide to go, and you bring your 10 year old brother with you.

You go to the drive in, and watch 2 movies because it was a double screening, by the time it's over, it's about 12:30 AM.. You notice your break light on the dash is on, and contemplate what that means, seeing as your car doesn't have an E break that you know of, so you turn to pull out, and start to pull toward an intersection when you realize what the light means.. Your breaks are shot, and you have to hit the pedal to the floor to moderately slow the car down.

Now, you've only had your license for about a month, never had your permit, and to top it off, you're in a different state than the one you're licensed in, your license is a Florida license, where the roads are flatter, the intersections are longer, and less curvy. You have more experience in Florida than you have in your current state of Pennsylvania, and the speed limit all the way there fluctuates from 55 to 35 MPH, and there are tons of hills, turns, and deer crossings.

Remember that it's 12:30 in the morning, and your 10 year old brother is in the car with you, and all that's in your mind is getting home, and every time you go down a hill, you gain about 10 MPH, and you constantly have to have your foot on the break to slow it down inch by inch. You make it home safely however, by some grace of God, and you're slightly terrified, and slightly proud of your glorious driving maneuvers and the ability to keep a cool head under a nerve-wracking situation.

This, in case you didn't figure out, was my situation not 30 minutes ago, so my question to you guys, is have you ever had a situation like this, where you're seemingly fucked?

I'd appreciate it if you did it in a 2nd-person perspective to, for the fun of it :grin:

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only in my nightmares. I had one car accident, in Florida as well, and will occasionally get dreams about driving where stressful things happen. Either the brake pedal doesn't work, or inexplicably for someone who's 6'2" and rarely fits well into cars, I can't reach it and have to stretch to get as much as a toe on the pedal in time to deal with cars stopped at a red light.

But I have recently moved to an area with hills and curves, so I might have my "oh crap" moment of heroic driving yet.

3. ScatteredEarth

Yea, I know what you mean, back before I started driving, I used to get some really fucked up dreams of me getting behind the wheel, tapping the gas and flying through intersections, and that slightly turning the wheel like 10 degrees would spin the car into a 90 degree turn, and nearly flip it over o-o

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have never drove but I can imagine it's not nice