1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urge to run away and disappear??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by grungeteen, Sep 26, 2015.

1. grungeteen

I just have this strong urge to like just run away and go on the run, it's weird. I'm just so bored of my life, it's so monotone and just unexciting and I just want to get away. I just have this feeling to just gather everything and just leave, just disappear.

Obviously I can't do this and won't do this.

But I can't shake off that feeling that I really want to.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Hypothetically... if you did run away, where would you go? Ideally, what would you like to do?

Better yet, what is that you want to find?

3. Mateo

Trust me If been in your shoes. I put my life on hold to help my mom out of bad situation 6 laters i'm still helping her out and bored out of my mind. But I know shes depending on me so that keeps me from just leaving. All I can say is just hang in there.

4. SHIELDAgentAlex

I've felt that too, wanting more excitement and adventure.

Granted, I just wanted to be Superman, or Jack Bauer, but still.

I'm assuming that it's natural to feel this incredible boredom every once in a while.

5. CyanChachki

I once ran away from home and I will tell you, it was not a happy time. I had little to no money and there where a lot of things that opened my eyes. Yes, I was away from my parents who I felt never cared for me but at the same time, I was left to find shelter, left to find my own money and food and trying to get to a public washroom when I needed one was hard. Once I was found by my mom and brought back home, I ended up in a worse situation than I originally started out with. It's definitely not worth the risk, unless you're in terrible danger.

6. AshleyDi

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Sounds like a normal teenager feelings dude, you will be fine, everyone has that period they go through. Running away from home as a teen, never ends up good. Of course, if your homestead is abusive, then that is different, but just being in a monotone state of boredom, I don't think running away is going to fix that, it will most likely make shit worse for you, respectfully. Maybe you should find some kind of hobby to occupy your boredom, like music, or drawing, acting, sports, whatever, but in any case, stay at home, talk to your parents, and just know that these times you are in, will be quickly a faded memory, and sadly, faster than you really want it to be.

7. Mero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I actually ran away from home once.
    I had gotten into this huge fight with my bastard mother.
    We were taking a walk through a mall with art from local schools displayed on the walls.
    I had a few art works on there.
    Mother asked me for what I want to be when I grow up, and she added in "hopefully not an artist," which made me really angry.
    I loved to paint when I was a kid, but knowing my mother will flip if I even entertain the idea.
    Know this: She wants me to be a successful, and wealthy man; she beats me if she has to, just to enforce this dream of hers.
    I told her I wanted to go into criminal psychology or maybe become a doctor.
    Things went sour really fast. She did not approve of those professions.
    I said some things, she called me names, and I've had enough.
    I told her to stop limiting my future. She called me an ungrateful child, and that I could live on the streets for all she'd care.
    I managed to steal our only house key while she was driving us home. I told her to drop me off if she was so keen on disowning me.
    She abruptly stopped and kicked me off.
    As she sped away, I was happy for once.
    I felt liberated.
    I could do whatever I wanted.
    I went to my local library and did research on child protective services.
    I knew I could make a short stop at home, and pack some supplies. Knowing mother'd be locked out and it's been long enough that she would need to start searching for the key.
    I've done my research, I had a plan.
    Even if I would die on the streets, it was better than at home.
    Mother caught me.
    It was not until she coldly took me home and ignored me for weeks that I knew if I had not stolen the key, she would have never even looked for me.
    Either way, I know I will live off my mother until I can financially look after myself.
    I know mother cannot abandon me because ironically, my neglectful father will reject the notion.
    Anyways after all this I found myself a new burning desire to live.
    I will become a better parent than my mother ever tried to be.
    I will find my own happiness.
    However harsh the journey, I will be damned if my adversaries get the last laugh.
    I am grateful towards mother.
    Her years of abuse made me a better man.

#7 Mero, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  8. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel like that from time to time because sometimes it seems like nobody understands me. I often dream about flying away from life. I think you need someone to talk to about things and maybe a friendly hug (*hug*)

9. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel that way more often than not. I think as you grow up though, those feelings should fade away for the most part, since you start having more control over your life. You can change what you don't like about it & just make things happen. It probably won't be perfect either, but it should get better. At least I hope so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. Ryu

Ryu

I really wanna do that, but take a guitar and get bug in 'merica(!) but I'm leaving that until I'm through with uni and can drive. I'm gonna need a pickup truck to carry my shiz in.

11. Tandthegreens

I know the feeling. I just wish I could get my affairs decently in order (I.e; piss off my enemies, say goodbye to my friends) and then instant transmission Goku-style to some place tropical and beautiful to never be heard from again. Just spend my days reading books, listening to music and enjoying nature. If only :frowning2:

12. mangotree

I think we all have that fantasy from time to time.

A need for adventure, a desire for self-controlled change, an urge to stretch the wings and feel free, the whole Forrest Gump experience of running until one feels the need to stop.

There's a darker side though that some people experience ...
    The desire to make others miss them, the need to escape their life, the urge to forget about their past and start fresh.
    While these aren't technically "bad" reasons, and many people do have very very good reasons to want to escape, they can be potentially damaging to you and the people around you.

So it's worth contemplating and/or talking to someone about the reasons for these thoughts before considering acting on them. I realise you aren't considering acting on them, but just something to think about as you get older.

13. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Odd, I've had that feeling for a few decades now, just to flee, as into the Canadian wilderness, and try to survive on my own, or with a few friends, far from civilization, in some primitive fashion, discarding all this technology and noise. Sometimes, as the world becomes more crowded, and technology becomes more invasive and privacy becomes less and less what with drones and cameras everywhere and the NSA and who knows what else, this dream looms larger and larger. I think it's also fueled by books I once read, such as Hatchet, by Gary Paulsen.