1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do I feel so unaccomplished?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Simple Thoughts, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Simple Thoughts

I've been getting a lot done the last two weeks.

I've been on and off for months, but in the last two weeks I've really kinda stepped into gear and gotten the ball rolling on things, but even so I don't feel all that accomplished.

I got every song lyrics ( including intro ) done for my album project.
    I've gotten a little bit of work done fleshing out my new fursona/brand for when I start animating.
    I've gotten 3/10 steps done for the outline to a book I plan to start writing.
    I've only got 2 drawings left before I finish Pokemon Art Academy
    and I've even worked in a tid bit of guitar practice.

I mean for all intents and purposes I've gotten quite a bit done in a short period of time, but it doesn't really feel like I've gotten anything done.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you re-read the list, you will probably find that you have accomplished quite a few things already. Sure, the accomplishment of the larger goal might still be waiting, but if you continue working on the smaller steps, you will get there. The smaller steps you have achieved and continue working on, are accomplishments too.

A lot of the times, when we approach something - and it doesn't matter what it is - we go in with high expectations and want things to be 'accomplished' sooner rather than later. Maybe try going into things with lower expectations of what an 'accomplishment' means because when you look at it, you have worked on and achieved a few goals already. :slight_smile:

3. Simple Thoughts

Yeah I know.

Like objectively I understand that I've gotten a lot done.

I think I just really want to see a finished product. I've gotten so many steps done on the various things I have to work on side by side, but I haven't fully finished anything just yet.

It's tough because I can't really sideline anything. A lot of these things need to be worked on in tangent with one another, ya know?

I have a long term plan with everything I'm doing and these are few of my first projects that all need to get finished.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How come you have to work on them at the same time? Why not pick one or two projects for now and concentrate in completing them first? :slight_smile:

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Are you comparing yourself to others? How about focusing on the individual gains, versus long-term?

6. Simple Thoughts

It would slow things down, or still ultimately be pointless.

A lot of these things are going to intertwine.

With the album project I want the lyrics to be run through my edits around the same time I finish art academy so I can begin hunting for muscians/having the music for the songs made at the same time I'm practicing animation.

Then when the time is right I'm going to animate music videos for each of the songs to create a visual representation of the album's message.

At the same time I need to have my new social media accounts up and active building an audience and engaging with people so that I have a platform for myself before I even release the music videos.

The story I'm working on is a personal project and will help me keep my writing muscles flexed while also giving me an additional type of content to post onto my brand.

All these things need to work together for any of my long term goals to work out.

---------- Post added 27th Sep 2015 at 07:25 PM ----------

No I'm not dumb enough for that.

I'd go insane trying to compare myself to other people x3