1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mississippi, strong proponent of abstinence-ed, has highest teen preg. rating

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wander, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  2. Amy

Amy

I literally laughd out loud when I saw that.

It's like Bristol, but a state.

3. BeautifulStranger

Hahaha omg

I peed a little bit when I read that!

P.S. Why did the Center for Disease Control release this information? Is pregnancy a disease now? If so I've got it bad....

4. Amy

Amy

Yay.
    I made Tyler pee.
    Even thouh he does have 15 fetuses bouncing on his bladder...

5. Trumpetplyer23

Kinda makes sense though, in a way.

I mean, not every kid wants to be abstinent. They don't have the knowlege or the resources to protect themselves so they end up pregnant or impregnanting someone.

That's just how I see it.

6. Amy

Amy

I completely agree.

7. cjtom

cjtom Guest

Coming from the place with the highest teen pregnancy rate in Europe :slight_smile:() I agree with you completely.

Which is why I keep my Virginity locked away guarded by robots and lasers. :slight_smile:

I've never heard of a gay guy getting pregnant before but knowing my luck...

8. pirateninja

*has one of her rapidly frequenting Sarah Palin moments*

MAVERICK!

ABSTINENCE!

*becomes sane again*

Seriously, I don't get why people are so afraid to talk about sex. As soon as I first heard about sex and I asked my mom, I didn't get a "NO SEX EVAR", in response, I got a conversation where she explained to me how, why, protection etc and I got to ask questions to her.

I find it rather ironic that I got the condom talk and have never needed it, when there's plenty of girls in my school year who never had it, and have had abortions because of their lack of knowledge. :dry:

9. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    im jealous...my dad's speech too me was began with awkwardly being pulled to the side then told....well you see *awkard stutter* it works uhh *more awkward stuttering* by the stick going in the hole *awkward silence* if you know what i mean
    then he abruptly left...tbh i'm not even sure that i knew that girls had vaginas at that time so i think i just assumed....

wow...u know what i think i just found my root :grin:

10. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My sex ed course was about two days long, back in eight grade, and it was definitely an abstinence-only-until-marriage course, complete with every variety of scare tactics. Now that I think about it, I never even had an official sex talk with my parents. I don't know how I turned out the way I did in that regard, but it seems like my schoolmates' views on sex are borderline childish compared to mine. Half of them are still in the lolvagina phase (or lolpenis, depending).

11. pirateninja

*sniggers*

YOU SAID PENIS!

12. Nugget

lolcoitus

13. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Settle down, children.

14. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can't stand Mississippi. I had to go to Tupelo to help open a new store. Upon my return it was made very clear over a district conference call that I would not be setting foot in that store ever again. So backwards.

15. That's most of the South unfortunately. I'm not surprised that it has the highest teen pregnancy rate.

16. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    There are some ok areas in the south. Another reason for the high pregnancy rate is the fact that they pretty much guilt you into signing abstinence pledges. Then all these kids are not prepared when *ahem* "temptation" strikes. I have lost track of it, but there was one study where the pregnancy/std rate was higher among the kids who had signed the pledge (with the best of intentions of course).

My kid brother was actually really pissed off when they covered safer practices. "I don't need to know about AIDS. I'm not some junkie or homo. I love Jesus and am waiting until I get married." Needless to say, we got into a huge fight, and I forced a little education on him. Went in one ear and out the other, but I tried. Sometimes your love of Jesus is not powerful enough to override captain winky when he is ready to set sail.

17. Doesn't surprise me at all. Kids (and by kids I mean teens) are still going to have sex, but if they don't know about contraception they're not going to be safe about it. Teaching abstinence-only is stupid; you can tell someone it's the only way, but that doesn't mean they're going to believe it and live by it.

XD

18. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, we started sex-ed in grade 4... It was mostly what happens when you have sex and the whole baby thing until about grade 6 or 7 when they started talking about contraception and stuff, I can still remember the first time I saw the wooden "penis" you had to put the condom on...

19. JayC

JayC Guest

OK peeps i live in MISSISSIPPI now i am from NEw Orleans and lived there ALL my life til Hurricane KAtrina look in NEw orleans we were taught sex ed and were shown pics of STDs and chances of pregnancy how to use a condomn so on and so forth in MS there is NO sex ed class, there is NOTHING to do but party drink and have sex i mean i didnt have sex near as much in LA as i do now in MS cuz now i bored and it something to do sounds slutty and it is but when you are one of the people who dont hunt you are just SOL with finding something to do

20. JayC

JayC Guest

and yeah the people are slow but you have to realize they dont know any better i used to think they were just stupid but when you were never taught proper etiquette how are you supposed to learn it and use it? But they have good hearts, mos of them, even though they may not know the proper way to set a table they are the most inviting people i have ever been around