1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all Animators

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CandyKing, Sep 29, 2015.

1. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello animators and animation fans. This is your amazing CandyKing who thought that it will be interesting to talk about the fantastic world of animation. I'm an executive board member of my university animation club, which makes me about 100 points more awesome. So, here are some questions for you awesome folks.

Questions:

Do you have any experience making animations?

What is your favorite animation?

Do you have any character designs or ideas? If so please share.

Do you have any questions about the animation process or animation in general? If so please ask.

Feel free to talk about anything animation related.

If you are new to animation I suggest reading the book the Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams.

2. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm just starting out in animating and it's been a dream of mine for a long time. I downloaded some free software and I'll just see where it goes from there.

3. Simple Thoughts

I made a little pong animation, but that was only to try out certain functions of Flash and get a handle on things.

My favorite animation....hmmm hard to pin that down I guess my favorite animated work is Secret of NIHM, but my favorite animator is Egoraptor.

I don't have any character designs yet. I'm still working on my drawing skills. I've improved drastically, and I'm almost ready to begin animating. :slight_smile:

I'm sure I will, but I have a lot of prep work before I can really being pursuing it.

I have a bit of a project in mind, and I have to touch up a few things before I can start animating.

What about you?

4. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do have an experience in animation (2D and 3D) but I am pretty sure animation isnt for me, well at least for 2D animation I am not.

My favorite animation would be Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. The way it is animated is really good, of course given that it was made in 1930's

I do have a lot of character designs, but I have no faith in myself that I can animate it :grin: Maybe I can pay someone to animate it for me :grin:

5. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I wanted to be an animator for years and years and years. I took all the Cyber Arts, Comm. Tech, and V&A classes at my high school, but haven't done anything since then. I did 2D and 3D animations there. I even toured Sheridan Art Institute (in Ontario, Canada) for their animation program (if you remember the Pixar movie "Robots", they were working on it there when I toured the studio).

I decided against being an animator because I'm old-school and heavily prefer hand-drawn animation over computer animation.

I have too many characters to share! Haha I've got about 15 active OCs (over approx. 7 storylines). Despite deciding against animation, I still love to draw and love comics so... yeah.