1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talking to someone you think is good looking, & wondering about their orientation?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Closet Shut, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Closet Shut

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi I'm curious, no matter if the person is straight or lesbian/bi/gay or trans, when talking to someone ..have you ever wanted to know which way they swung? if that's not a bad term, ..like I don't mind have just a regular ole' convo with someone, I like getting to know people :slight_smile: no sex or whatever involved ..but has anyone just had that moment of chatting with someone, even being a bit playful & flirty with them, & just wanted to ask the person. For me I sometimes think it's a bit rude to ask, or it's a bit too invasive ..especially if you don't know the person well, I only say because guiltily I've done it ..& felt kinda awkward when the person wanted to know why I asked them the question, anyways what do you guys here think? is it okay to chat someone up, especially if you like them somewhat ..& wonder, or is that just a bit too desperate/nosy, & the type of thing one should wait out till a conversation related to that topic comes up.

2. Acuba403

Re: Talking to someone you think is good looking, & wondering about their orientation

If their out its as easy as a gay joke but if their closeted it's a lot harder

3. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Talking to someone you think is good looking, & wondering about their orientation

I never think about it

4. tourettesqueen

I think about it, but I don't ask because if they are straight it will freak them out.

5. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

I don't think it's a good idea to ask them. There's not many reasons why someone would ask this question, so you might make them very uncomfortable.

Though, I usually try to flirt openly with someone I like and look for clues of their sexuality (not stereotypes, genuine clues). It's like asking, but more under the radar. Plus, you usually out yourself to them while doing so, so they don't feel too on the spot.

6. bidemi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people

Have questioned some people's sexuality before,but I don't want to ask them.cause in this country its better to be closeted

7. Rainbows~Exist

I don't tend to bring it up... like I'll mentally assume their sexual orientation when talking to them (Which I know is wrong :lol: ) but I'll never ask them directly about it. I will sometimes hint however. If fro some reason I desperately want to know I'll reference to some actor or someone we know and be like "He's so hot," and if they're like "omg I know!" then it's pretty obvious... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: