1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closer After Coming Out / Fun

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Geek, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Does anyone else feel like they're closer and have a better relationship after coming out. I already was close to my sister but after coming out to her yesterday we just had a funny amusing conversation. It's weird because usually if it's someone close to me, I feel sad while coming out. Can coming out be fun or amusing at some times or what? Feel free to post amusing conversations about you coming out.

2. AsiaJ33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, after I came out to my brother, he came out to me and then we were like best friends for a few days. At my dads house when we are with my sister the news of us are really close because none of us are straight so we bond and stuff late at night (we aren't out to parents) I like relationships after I come out, idk why they are just closer.

3. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

It may have taken two years - most certainly because of the context of my coming out: I was forced out by my parents due to... unwise decisions - but my mum and I are much closer now. It's a strong relationship: I can be completely honest with her and vice versa, we often go to lunch together, we share a similar taste in fiction, and we help each other out. She also knows a secret or two of mine that I hope she never passes on.

I haven't personally told my brothers yet (they haven't brought up the subject either, though I'm sure they at least suspect) but the changes I've seen in my relationship with my dad I would put down to me maturing rather than me being open about being gay with him.

Me and Mum - that's great for me at the moment, knowing there's someone I can be completely honest and open with.

4. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would say that I definitely have a better relationship with people to whom I'm out. Even if we were close before, I feel like opening up to some of my friends both reinforced my trust in them (they didn't tell anyone else) and their trust in me (I'm not hiding things from them). I can also talk about guys with some of my female friends, which is kind of fun sometimes. But yeah, I would say I've gotten closer to a few people as a result.

5. guitar

Some people I've grown a lot closer to after coming out. Others we've kinda grown apart - though I don't know if it's just because relationships naturally go through ebbs and flows, or if they're uncomfortable by my sexuality. Either way, I would say most of my relationships with family and friends have improved quite a bit.

6. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like I'm not hiding a part of myself anymore. Other than maybe a couple people I can't really say I've grown a lot closer to people, but I feel so much more comfortable just being able to be myself.

7. C P

C P

Me coming out would only force everyone I currently know to cut ties with me(and partially vice versa), so no, chances are I would not be closer to anyone. I may as well be on the other end of the universe(if there even is one).