Comparing self to others?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ameryllis, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does anyone else do this thing where they're talking to someone, and just thinking, they probably wish they were talking to [this person], or they would probably like me better if I was more outspoken and energetic..., or they're only talking to me because no one else is here, they would probably prefer if I were someone else.

I've caught myself doing this multiple times, and it usually leaves me lacking confidence and uncomfortable. So, does anyone else do this, or if you used to do it, how did you get over it?
    >.<

2. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just bumping the post...:3

3. AsiaJ33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do it sometimes. I'm not quite sure how to get over it, as I find myself struggling with it too. I'd say just realize that their opinion doesn't matter... Idk though because that's harder than it sounds. But yeah, I have realized I do this

4. Spirits

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sometimes I think that I should ask the people who I talk with on a daily basis if they actually like me , or if they like the way I dress , or if they actually think I'm a fun person to be with.

Sometimes I compare my body to other men's bodies and say things like "I wish I was skinnier" or "I wish my skin was 2 more shades lighter".
    It happens.
    I get a little insecure about my body almost once a day, but I guess it's a common thing among most gay men and some lesbian women.

So I just try not to think that much about it, and you shouldn't either.
    Just be yourself , it always works , you should be that type of person that doesn't give any fucks about how others think about you.
    Cos , as long as you're proud of being yourself , those who are with you will receive your positive vibes to believe that you are a great person and a good companion .

#4 Spirits, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015