1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gettin Pist

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JayC, Jan 8, 2009.

1. JayC

JayC Guest

OK i am getting fucking pist and was wondering how do you all deal with anger personally i bottle it up and explode on whoever pisses me off the most and its not pretty but it works

2. Wired106

lol dude i'm exactly like you haha. I havn't been able to find a solution to that problem yet.. Usually ill like try to take a walk on my levee and listen to my ipod and think about stuff and chill. But that doesn't always seem to work because I still get pissed off and irritated over rly small stupid things. Maybe try talking to someone about the stuff that is going on? I'm not too sure because idk what to do myself lol.

3. techie01

I am in a Martial Art so at the end of the day I take out all my agression on a bag :grin:

4. Paralyzer

I smash things...
    I broke my desk and my keyboard.. haha

5. Aries

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I Usually Listen To Some Music, And If That Doesn't Help Then I Like To Call Up A Friend And Vent, That Usually Helps. Or If Worst Comes To Worst I Lock Myself In My Room, Blast My Stereo, Throw Whatever Is Near Me And Unbreakable Across The Room And Cry Until I Fall To Sleep. And Then When I Wake Up I Am Calmed Down And Then I Get Over It Because Life Is Too Short To Be Pissed All The Time.

I Hope This Helped Lol.

Oh And I Hope You Find A Way To Feel Better. :]

6. JayC

JayC Guest

Yeah for me too like the smallest thing can push me over the edge ESPECIALLY if someone is smacking their lips I get in a LOT of trouble with that cuz a LOT of people smack and gorge themselves down here

7. Markio

I tend to have the opposite problem. Instead of getting mad, I feel blatantly sad so that people can give me sympathy. Too manipulative!

8. myra

I'm in fencing so when i'm pissed i go out and kill people. lol. (that's what we call it in fencing. killing and stabbing.) If that doesn't work then i usually throw stuffed animals and my pillows against the wall. i ripped the head off of one before. but that was the only time that happened. If i don't have an outlet, i'll go scream in a pillow or cry. lol. I'm such a girl when it comes to emotions.

9. mattypants

i usually bottle it up and let it fade away. i count myself lucky for having bad short term memory, which helps
    if i let myself, it would probably lead to me pleading temporary insanity... lol

10. EM68

I like to go to the gym and work out. After I go to the gym I feel a lot better.

11. Kid Quasar

I'm going to try the Lex thing here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Bottling up your anger and taking it out on others can be a serious issue if you are not trying to fix it. We all go through anger in life, and I can guarantee that at least everyone here has handled wrong at least once. Stress relief can also be used to deal with anger as well, but a more primitive method is all takes some times. Try buying a punching bag. Also, what I find a great way to relieve anger is to go into he woods behind my house and scream(Usually swear words in Japanese) If that doesn't help, just try tea, music, meditation, and bubble baths!

Mood

12. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Cry. :tears: :tears: :tears:

13. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Punch a pillow.

And Mood, you did a very good Lex there. :slight_smile:

14. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It dependsssss. Sometimes I will just go quiet and be moody, other times I have mini tantrums.

I always find sarcastic bitchiness helps me calm down, but the only real cure for me is sleep. ^_^

15. Urman

Urman Guest

Move to Support Section?

This is from http://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/anger-tips/

Also here are somethings you can do also its not could to hold it in becuase it balls up all inside.

Count to ten before you act

Anger leads us to take action very fast. But that can mean we don’t give ourselves the chance to choose a more constructive way to deal with our anger. Give rational thinking time to kick in.

Drop your shoulders and take a few deep breaths

And relax… your instincts may be telling your body to get ready to fight, but you can reverse this message by telling your body to chill out.

Pummel a pillow or have a scream in your room

Anger gets us ready for action and floods us with energy. Release your tension in a safe way, without hurting yourself or anyone else.

Channel your energy into exercise

Work off your anger through exercise and boost the release of feel good brain chemicals which help us relax.

Distract yourself

Take yourself out of the situation that made you angry - read a magazine, do a crossword, listen to soothing music or go for a walk.

Get creative

Pour out how you feel in writing or redirect your energy into another activity. It can help you get things in proportion and work out how you want to respond.

What you can do longer term

Practise relaxation techniques like yoga or meditation

Relaxation techniques challenge the physical aspects of anger, such as the brain chemicals that prepare you to fight, before these chemicals lead you to act impulsively.

Keep talking, keep listening

Talking about your feelings is good for your mental health and offloading to a friend can help you get perspective. Listen to other people’s point of view too. Assuming you know where they stand can take things from bad to worse.

Learn how to be assertive, not aggressive

Being assertive is a healthier way to express anger than aggression. People are more likely to take you seriously if you get your message across without sounding threatening or using aggressive body language.

Know yourself

It can be helpful to work out what makes you angry, how it makes you behave and what calms you down. Would changes in your daily life help you deal with anger better?

16. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I developed a really bad habit of keeping everything inside and then explode in a suicidal episode (almost as if to say "I need help").

I'm getting shit loads of help now though lol, so that those never happen again.
    I finally got help for it...
    By the way, talking also helps me a lot when I'm upset :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: .

17. Urman

Urman Guest

Well its good that your getting help speaking to a psychologist can help alot but i understand were you are coming from well best of wor and also keep up the good work (*hug*)

18. Ty

Ty

I've never seen so many references to urine in a paragraph before.

19. HeavensRejekt

i just punch whatever s in front of me when I'm really pissed.

20. Shaylyn

I do push ups, pace, do more push ups, pace some more, do some sit ups, pace, do more push ups and then go take a wicked hot shower.