1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tension headache??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by UniqueJourney, Oct 3, 2015.

1. UniqueJourney

Although I carry a lot of stress and tension in my neck and shoulders I very rarely get headaches. However, I have a monster headache right now and am in horrible pain.

It started yesterday afternoon. Was a bit achy at work. More noticeable after I got home. Seemed to go away before bed. And has roared back with a vengeance today. It feels like I have a metal hat squeezing my head. If a line were drawn from one temple, through my eyebrows to the other temple...that's where it's the worst.

I've had girlfriends who got migraines. This doesn't seem the same. Has anyone had anything similar?

2. candyjiru

I get headaches and migraines, too~ some I get when the weather changes, some I get from allergies, some from stress, and then migraines~ Do you feel sensitive to light? Are you nauseated? Does it throb? These are signs of a migraine and are a little hard to get over without proper medication...

Since you said it's happening around your temples, it sounds like a tension headache~ here's a site about the different kinds of headaches and how to get rid of them (tldr painkillers) and what causes them (too much caffeine, not enough water, needing the get glasses/your prescription checked, good sugars, etc)

I hope you feel better soon! Headaches suck T.T

Headaches - sinus, cluster, tension, migraine headache | Patient

3. UniqueJourney

Thank you for the information. I've also now got a pea-sized lump half way down the right side of my neck (thinking it's a swollen lymph node), and my neck above that, near the base is my skull, is extremely tender and painful (possibly more lumps there but hurts too much to press on it). Going to wait a day or two and see if it resolves on its own.