1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matchmaking

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PatrickUK, Oct 4, 2015.

1. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do you feel about playing cupid? Would you ever try to match make two people? If you would, under what circumstances and how would you go about it?

How would you feel if someone tried to set you up on a date? :slight_smile:

2. Rainbows~Exist

I wouldn't particularly mind being set up on a date (Given that I know what the guy looks like and some basic background info) but I'd never agree to a blind date. As for matchmaking my friends... yeah I would! Of course I'd let them know some basic info on each other but why not? I'd only ever do this however if both parties were 100% comfortable with the idea...

3. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think I'd be pretty good at matchmaking, but if I do think two people would be great together I might give them a nudge in that direction, probably talk to them and drop some hints or something. I'd be way more comfortable if I knew them both pretty well beforehand. But I wouldn't push it, because at the end of the day it's what they want and what they're comfortable with.

I wouldn't mind being set up, especially since I'm far from being the world's best at asking people out. It's probably not my ideal way of going about it, and like Rainbows~Exist said above I'd want to know some info first. But who knows, might end up being pretty good.

4. Yosia

I have match-made friends in the past and it gives quite a bit of satisfaction when it lasts, because you started it.

Two people I match-made for 3 years ago are still together so that's quite lovely.

5. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It'll be quite interesting to be matchmaked. As long as I know some basic info about him, of course.

As for matchmaking, I don't do that to my friends often, considering that I don't know a large group of guys. I do pretend to lead my friends on sometimes with my penpals, then tell them that they're overseas/an asshole. Always quite funny.

6. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I played match-maker once, it didn't work out very well. (Mind you, my boyfriend and I set up my sister and his best friend...so, that was a bad idea.)

I guess I wouldn't mind being set up, even on a blind date. As long as any info given is accurate and there are no preconceptions about how it's going to go.

Actually that same bf and I met because that best friend told him to go to a party given by a mutual friend because I would likely be there. That's kind of a set up, right?

7. Vesta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only time I would ever attempt to matchmake someone is if I knew they liked someone, and that someone liked them but neither of them knew this. I'd probably invite them both out with me somewhere and try and get them communicating better, possibly exchange phone numbers/emails if they don't already have them and go from there.

If it were happen to me, I'd rather it be on similar grounds. I wouldn't want someone to matchmake me with just anyone because I much prefer to get to know someone in general before even considering whether or not the situation is date material. That said, if I liked someone and they liked me though I wasn't yet aware of it, that would be a time when I'd not mind because the feelings are mutual anyway.

8. Spider

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Let me match you up with the one other gay guy I know! You're gay, he's gay, you would be perfect for each other!"

9. MrSkittles

I wouldn't mind trying to set two people up but being set up on a date with someone else is where I am kinda hesitant. Some people believe just because a guy is gay I would date him. That's not the case. That's why I would be a bit hesitant about be set up on a date with someone

10. Cedar

I never like it when someone tries playing matchmaker for me. So, I doubt I'd play matchmaker for someone else(besides, I don't know enough people to do that in the first place). Unless they are okay with that sort of thing.

11. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd be a terrible match maker :lol:

If the match-maker considered things like how well our personalities would click, and of course the whole gay thing, then I wouldn't mind. But if I get match-made with one more girl....:lol:

12. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm rubbish at it

13. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would, perhaps, if I thought it would be a good idea to pair someone up. Or if they were actively looking for someone and needed help.

How? Easy. Have them both take the MBTI to test their compatibility.

If someone tried to set me up, it would be 93% of the time a bad idea. They would have to seriously understand me, and what I like in another person, in order to find a good mate choice. I'd be better at setting up dates for myself, I think. Though if a friend/family member were really emphatic, I may humor them and go on a date with said person.

14. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Austen's Emma put fear of matchmaking in me.

But seriously, I try to avoid it. The most I'll do is introduce people to one another if I think they'd get along. But I tend to have two feelings about it; the first is that it's not my place. The second is that it's really rather pathetic to be an intermediary instead of the people involved actually taking what they do with their love lives into their own hands.

15. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like when someone tries playing cupid. It usually ends in disaster because we'd be faaar from compatible, or only one of the two would be interested in the other. I got set up on a blind date once and it was horrible. I just wanted it to end. Needless to say, we didn't keep in touch, even though we exchanged numbers...

I've never played cupid, and never will for that exact reason. There are certain aspects of people's personalities that I know nothing about, and with my luck, I'd just mess it all up :eusa_doh:

Cupid? Stay far away!

I know it's an old-school way of thinking, but I believe that if two people are meant to be together, then they will meet when the time is right. Someone else shouldn't interfere

Basically this:

[​IMG]