1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paruresis (Shy Bladder Syndrome)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ruby Dragon, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone else suffer from shy bladder syndrome?

Paruresis

You have to go, you get ready to go, the urine is about to come out, and then... Nothing happens, at least for a few minutes!!! :bang:

It's at its worst at work. There are only two stalls, and as our office building is very quiet in general, you can hear the person in the stall next to you, even when they're just shifting or pulling their pants up. Not to mention when they pee... It's like it's amplified or something. I'm really glad when I go to the bathroom and I'm the only one there, because then there's no pressure. But when someone enters whilst I'm in there, I just can't go until they've left. And seeing as a few women's lockers are in the bathroom, they sometimes take a while... This one time I had someone open the door because I took so long. They probably thought I fell asleep or something. It pissed me off regardless, because they didn't respect my privacy! And the other stall WAS unoccupied so if they had to go so badly, they could've gone to that one!

After that incident, my shy bladder syndrome just got worse. Sometimes, when it takes more than say, 5 minutes, I pull my pants back up, flush the toilet just to keep up appearances and wash my hands, then leave and try again in a few minutes. It's terrible! :dry:

2. Eye Shine

I guess I do but as bad. When I have to go to the bathroom and I try to use the urinal. If someone walks in I can't piss and at that point I just go in the stall and I can complete my task.

3. AlamoCity

Hahaha, in a urinal stall I can sometimes be there with my dick out for a 15-20 seconds until urine comes out. I actually say the Lord's Prayer as a way to relax and forget and pee. It's worse if there are people right next to me or waiting to use the urinal. Doesn't happen in a stall or private bathroom, though.

4. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    True story: I have never used a urinal because of this. Yes, first world problems...least of my worries.

5. AlamoCity

Once was at a rodeo where the men's urinal was a literal trough. Went in, went out without using it :lol:.

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

If I have to piss, I piss.

Dysphoria doesn't often strike when I'm pissing, but even when it does, I justify it by saying:

Better dysphoric than dysphoric and wet pants.

7. Psaurus918

I'm extremely pee shy, I've never used a urinal and there have been times I've gone into a stall next to someone and it takes forever for me to pee

8. TraceElement

I generally don't get pee shy. if I am in a single person bathroom and someone checks to see if its occupied it takes me a few seconds.

9. ScatteredEarth

I pee just fine, but when it comes to number two it's awful. There has to be nobody around or else I won't go. I've caused severe stomach pains to myself because of this :c

10. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have this happen, every once in a while, especially at work, if the bathroom is especially quiet...there needs to be at least a fan running, or a sink going, in these instances. But if I have to go bad enough, no problem.

Oddly enough, right here in Baltimore, Maryland we have a national association that is working on addressing this very issue!

Welcome - International Paruresis Association

I do think we need better restroom design, and more privacy...I've seen ones where the stalls don't even have doors. Shy bladder is one thing, but this is pushing it to the next level.

#10 HuskyPup, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I remember those long urinal tubs, back in elementary school. A lot of the boys would stand at one side and see who could piss across, furthest, to the other side.

But maybe that's just a Southern public school thing...

12. Ryu

Ryu

Well in England we used to do that but standing as far away from the urinal as possible instead of going from one side to the other...

13. timo

Only at urinals. I tend to avoid them, unless I really have to pee. Or when I'm drunk.

14. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yep and also mostly at work even though it's fairly large with 5 stalls. If someone comes in, everything "turns off." Although I'm trying to re-train my body into just "going." It's getting better.

15. tourettesqueen

I'm not pee shy, but I am a bit shit-shy. I hate having to poop at school, and avoid it at all costs.

16. UniqueJourney

You are definitely not alone.

I was excruciatingly shy, and pee shy as a kid. Then I somehow got over it. And now, I'm dealing with it again. Pretty much exactly like you said.

The women's bathroom door at work doesn't close by itself, and some people don't shut the door all the way when they leave or come in. It's so infuriating to have so little privacy. There are cubicles with people on the phones right outside the bathroom!! That certainly doesn't help the pee shyness.

I can't do number two unless I'm alone. My stomach will hurt so badly sometimes but I just can't go if someone else is in there. It can be very distressing.

17. SubZero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not really pee-shy, but I do get poop-shy (if there's even a real name for that). I enjoy taking a nice crap at the privacy of my own bathroom, but I absolutely hate pooping at a public restroom. I try to hold it in but sometimes I can't. Especially when it's quiet, I feel like I have to poop very gently and make sure there isn't a huge *splash* noise from the toilet water. I get self-conscious about that lol.

Sorry if I disgusted anybody. :lol:

18. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is actually a name for poop-shyness. It's called Parcopresis. I totally get where you're coming from. I'm also poop-shy on top of everything else. What I usually do when I don't want to make a splash-sound is, I layer some toilet paper on top of the water. That "cushions" the sound a little, and also helps you not to get your ass splashed :grin: Sorry if that's TMI but that's what I usually do, especially if I'm not alone in the bathroom (At work)...

#18 Ruby Dragon, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  19. C P

C P

This is why I tend to avoid public restrooms unless it is like in some place in the middle of nowhere where I likely am going to be the only one in one.

It is just way too damn awkward.

20. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Growing up in a very rural area, it was always easy for me to pee in the woods...but public bathrooms, the more I ponder them, the less I like them.