1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

:( I hate life right now

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by grungeteen, Oct 5, 2015.

1. grungeteen

I'm just feeling so horrible and empty right now :frowning2:

I just absolutely hate school and I hate being so young, being stuck in this small town. I don't know how people get through all these years of schooling.

I use want to get out so badly, go and explore the world.

I'm crying so hard right now it's stupid. I feel like I'm stuck in a never ending prison where everyday is the same and I'm forced to do things I hate and will have no use to me later on, I have no time to enjoy my hobbies. It's just so stressful, and I still have 4 years until I leave school. And then there's university. I can't wait to go to uni, I plan to get as far away from this stupid country as possible. I want to go live. I feel like I'm wasting my stupid life stuck here, it's like I haven't even started LIVING.

The feeling of wanderlust and just leaving is so intense, I feel like my body is being ripped apart into tiny little minuscule shreds. It just hurts so much. I just feel so trapped.

I would do anything to go back to the summer. When I was exploring Europe- Berlin, Prague, Vienna. I would do anything. The summer was the only time I truly felt complete, like I was living, I could do what I wanted and I wasn't forced into doing stupid things like this.

I feel so stupid. I'm getting so upset over this when there are so many people out there struggling from depression...

I just feel so unaccomplished, so empty in my life, like I have nothing. I hate this place, I hate this country. I would do anything to move somewhere, go somewhere, anywhere other than here.

For the past few months, I feel like this almost everyday but it's never been this bad. There's no excitement in my life. If I could, I would run away and go as far as possible and travel the world. But that is next to impossible. I'm going to be stuck here for the next couple of years and it's killing me inside. I don't know how much longer I can take being stuck here, in this small town in this stupid boring country going to this stupid, prison like school learning stupid things.

I just want to be free :frowning2: I have the most boring life, it's just full of stress stress stress. All we do is worry about homework and tests and not getting into trouble with the teachers? What type of life is that? I don't feel like I can be a kid, it's like my childhood is long gone.
    I can't wait until I'm 18 and I can move out and make my own decisions and get away.

2. Lipstick Leuger

If it helps, we do all go through it. I have a 24, 18 and 16 year old and they all are going or went through it as well. This is a difficult time for our youth to grow up in and more stressful than any other time in history. Hormones don't help it along any and the feeling that you are not old enough for this, but too old for that is common. Try to not let it get you down, and if you still stay sad, talk to someone you trust. It does get better, but not all at once and you will grow up and have all kinds of choices.

Hang in there (((HUGS)))

3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Aw, I feel you grungeteen:frowning2: It's really tough even seeing a point in it all when you're stuck in the middle of all the stresses of school and everything that comes with being young.
    The only advice I can give you is to make goals for yourself, or a goal to work toward, instead of just getting lost and it all and feeling it's all pointless. Try to make it have a point. For you. I know it sucks and I know it shouldn't have to be done this way but it is. You seem like you want to live a life traveling which is awesome. Do you want to do it as part of your job too? Or just on the side? Whatever your passion is, whatever career path you want, you're going to have to work for that so you can do all the things you want. I'm not saying agree with it, it does seem very pointless the way school is, but it's one of those things you just have to grin and bare and get through it and know that every bit you're working is toward your goal. Maybe you don't give a shit how to find the square root of whatever or when Great Britain conqcuered whatever country but that's how the system works. And it suck and you just have to do those things and know that even if knowing those things isn't super important for you and is annoying even, getting it done is one step closer to the future you want.

Think about it this way. School curriculum is set up to expose kids to lots of different subjects so that if kids don't know what they want to do with their life, they can see the whole smorgasbord of subjects and careers. It's catering to those who still feel stuck and need more time to learn what's out there. (Obviously there's more to it than that, but that's a big part of it). You're lucky. You're ahead. You already know what you want and where you wanna go, so you'll unfortunately just have to get all the basics over with first and then you can branch out and go be you.

Also try to appreciate what you're learning. I know that sounds like something a teacher would say, but it's something I've been trying to work on. I find I'm only motivated when I'm actually interested in what the subject is teaching me. If you're not interested in it, at least you can appreciate it for what it's worth. Beyond all the teachers and dumb education politics and rules, knowledge can be kinda cool and helpful sometimes. Think about things that you get excited that you know and are able to apply to real world situations. You may not even realize how your schooling has helped you sometimes, but it's there. And the rest of your education could be providing you with more things that could help you out in real life.

I hope this helped a bit and yeah school can make you feel lost in all the pointlessness and regulations and unpersonalized curriculum but it's just something you gotta do, and if you're gunna do it you might as well try and put your all into it even if it isn't easy. Just try to stay positive and challenge yourself to find the purpose in what seems to be purposeless for you.
    Best of luck and I hope you can feel better about it in the future. Once you get it all over with, I'm sure you'll live a great life because you're already so excited about what you want for your future and that's great. One day you'll be looking way back and remember when you couldn't wait to get out of school and marvel at how fast it went and how short a few years can be in retrospect.
    <3

4. DanDan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Omg, atleast you've gone out to places (Europe for fuck's sake).
    Some of us have spent all our lives locked up in our own pathetic prisons with no escape, many worse than others.

#4 DanDan, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015