1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you guys do when you are romantically frustrated?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by infinitefriend9, Oct 6, 2015.

1. infinitefriend9

I just feel so romantically and sexually frustrated. My teenage years have passed me by without me managing to have even one relationship with a guy who I can love and who'd love me back. I always try to pretend that it is nothing important...but it is to me. It makes me happy and gives me much greater purpose.

I don't want to just imagine being in a relationship or watching po* to get my daily release. It is so fake and actually blunts my emotions, making me feel even more insecure.

Meh, i just want to feel like I can love somebody who I feel attracted to... it makes me so sad going about everyday knowing that I could have loved someone. I want to be hugged, to kiss/be kissed, to snuggle up to their chest whilst watching a movie together...and many other things :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Apologies about the soppy parts here but I really need to get these emotions off my chest...

So how do you cope guys? How can I build up my confidence again after feeling let down for so long?

2. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I know this isn't much of a comfort, but first of all, you need to let go of the wanting to have a relationship just to have one.
    You should never pursue a relationship jsut to be in a relationship, you should pursue a relationship with someone because that person in particular is someone you want.

That being said... I understand your frustration.
    But having a relationship isn't everything. Friendships are just as important, and sometimes, through friendships, you gain more.

I miss having romantic relationships too. But I believe that when the time is right, and with a little (but not too much) effort on my part, I will meet someone with whom I click in just the right way.
    And so will you :slight_smile:

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Berru speaks great wisdom. Listen to them.

Be the person you want to attract... treat yourself worthily... go team~!
    To copy and paste something of mine:
    That is the most important thing, if you want a relationship. You have to establish contact, some find it easier through interests and hobbies. Some go to a concert of a band they both like. Examples go on and on. But they all share one common ingredient:

Contact.

It's what allows you to connect to somebody else, and from there see how things go. Maybe they'll be a friend, maybe they'll be your one night stand, maybe they'll be The One. At worst, you learned something at least, hopefully. Use that to expand yourself -- it's how you increase your options. The more you expand, the greater your variety, and the likelihood of encountering a better match.

In the meantime, work on yourself. Exercise, meditate, kill punk-ass Orxy on Destiny, study, work. You'll be more appealing to others, because they know you're an asset as opposed to just an ass. Sad as it is to admit, cuddles and whispering pillow talks don't pay bills. You have to bring something else, along with that -- which is a nice bonus, so don't think any less of yourself in this regard -- if you want to mingle more and single less.

But I'll condense this down, with a little 'street wisdom':

You can lose money chasing men/women, but you won't lose men/women chasing money.

Just replace 'money' with whatever you desire/dream in life; an ambition, yadda yadda.

4. infinitefriend9

Thank you for the advice!