1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying To Tell Someone

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by string3343, Jan 9, 2009.

1. string3343

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Have you ever tried to hint to someone that you are gay, but they just do NOT get it at all? Last weekend I was chatting on aim with a friend, and he was trying to guess who I liked. I told him that we both had a class together with this person, and after he went through every girl possible and I said no to all of them he was stumped. I told him that he was entirely on the wrong track, and he is making an assumption that he should not be making. Throughout the conversation I kept referring to the guy as "the person" which sounded really awkward and was supposed to be a hint. By the way, this was after we had, had a chat about homosexuality the night before and we agreed that we hated gay stereotypes.

2. starfish

You just need to straight up tell him. Most people are bad at picking up on hints.

I just came out for the first time day, and it was very hard to say those words. Now that I did I am so glad that I did.

3. Urman

Urman Guest

Yes however only tell him if you are 100% comfortable with telling him don't feel forced to come out to him.And yes i have done that before but people haven't picked up on it yet.

4. string3343

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    On some level I did not really think that he was going to put the pieces together, and I might have denied it even he somehow did. I think that he is gay too though as he has said stuff like "I have never been attracted to a woman" (although he denies being attracted to guys, go figure...)

5. crystaltriforce

on the day before christmas eve i went out to the store with my brother and i steered the converstation to gay rights because i couldn't just say i like guys for some reason and i kept stering the conversation back to gay rights and he just wouldn't get it. even after i asked him about how he feels about homosexuality.

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yeah, sounds like you just need to say it and open up the conversation between the both of you.

7. Nick

HA ! Sorry... But yeah, I agree. Unfortunately people usually seem to be allergic to joining the dots even when they are numbered for them.

At least if he had no idea when you do tell him you can retell that story and make him feel a bit silly :slight_smile:

For me it's actually been the other way around a few times, where I haven't been dropping hints (not consciously, anyway) and they have picked up on it. But then again, I have never dropped hints for people to find on purpose.

#7 Nick, Jan 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  8. cromig

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i did the same thing for a while. then eventually when i felt like i could say something and i felt comfortable with them i said something. so if you are close say something! it doesnt change who you are!

9. Bunny

YES.

Oh my god people are so dense.
    Tried telling a friend, went something like,
    "I just prefer identifying as male."
    "O ya I understand."
    ...She didn't. Still calls me 'she', everything.

And then there was the time with my mom where I actually mentioned binding my breasts and said, "Sometimes I just don't feel like being a girl. -HINTHINT-"
    Still nothing.

Maybe I should actually use the word 'trannsexual'. I'm just scared of freaking people out. -sigh-

10. marri

my friends throw jokes around a lot, sometimes its about being gay (honestly really nothing hurtful or serious) and I recently got my hair cut real short and my friend told me she really liked it and that I looked like a dyke, I told her it was because I was one, but it went way over her head.

it's my way of coming out without really coming out.. this feels good because I feel like I am being honest