1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I thought this was very interesting...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BlakeHarmony, Jan 10, 2009.

1. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. Wow. That's so cool! Just more proof that the West has a nice tendency to eff things up when they come along. Reminds me of Wikipedia's page on non-Westernized concepts of sexuality.

I looove how the article says (most) Native Americans actually respect "two-spirited" people more than they might a straight (one-spirited?) person because they have many unique qualities. We need *that* in our society.

3. Brandford

Omg. that is so fantastic and interesting, time and time again I see other cultures doing a a better job at promoting acceptance and love than Americans

4. In conjunction with Drizzt DoUrden's Wikipedia page, there is also another one here which replicates the majority of the information present in the original website with a smattering of facts about female two-spirit individuals.

Very fascinating stuff. :slight_smile: I always find it interesting to learn about other cultures and how they regard homosexuality.

5. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My thought's exactly... It reminds me of the social studies essay final I just had to write, basically I stated that colonisation screwed up all pre-existing societies...