1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook birthday wishes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Perseus, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Perseus

So recently it has been my birthday and as you know, people on facebook would usually get birthday wishes. Do you guys use your birthday wishes that year to calculate how good of a friend you've been in the past year? How nice you've been to people, how much effort and time you've spent with them etc. :slight_smile:

2. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Not really. As long as my family don't forget to post me a happy birthday wall message I really don't give a shit ^_^

I do think it's nice when people outside my family do though.. I don't discourage anyone from wishing me happy birthday :slight_smile: x

3. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I don't think it really means anything, because it takes no effort to do that, what they actually say in the message and how they write it is probably a better indication of the strength of the friendship

4. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really tend to post facebook birthday wishes. If we talk a lot, you'll get one when we chat. If not, whats the point of another meaningless "happy birthday" on your wall? If we don't chat a lot but I still consider you close I'll send you a message. I know I get a lot of meaningless "happy birthday"s on my wall from people I hardly know.

5. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really tend to post facebook birthday wishes. If we talk a lot, you'll get one when we chat. If not, whats the point of another meaningless "happy birthday" on your wall? If we don't chat a lot but I still consider you close I'll send you a message. I know I get a lot of meaningless "happy birthday"s on my wall from people I hardly know.

6. Van

Van

I don't care for birthday wishes. Actually, just the other day I changed my birthday date on facebook from "everyone'' to ''private'', cuz my birthday's coming in 2 or 3 weeks. IRL I usually just either don't pick up my phone on my birthday or turn it off completely for the entire day. I just don't think birthdays are that special.

7. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This and

This.

A bunch of "hb" are absolutely meaningless and ultimately worthless. If you give a shit, you'll find a better way to let me know that.

#7 RawringSnake, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  8. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Never thought about it

9. CyanChachki

I'm very much an introvert, so I don't spend a lot of time with anyone, really. It's not that I hate them or dislike them, it's just that I'm very socially awkward and the people I'm spending time with have to come up with conversation and the other half of that time, I'm listening to a conversation between two people. I've tried talking more but I feel like people see that as annoying and disruptive like "Oh, he's talking again. I want to kick him in the face, but I'll be a good person and listen" .... That's probably not true, but it does feel that way.

10. wolf of fire

I tell people in person.
    I don't mind people posting messages on my wall on my birthday, but what really annoys me is when people wish people who don't have Facebook happy birthday on Facebook, I mean how is your 4 year old neice going to know you wished her happy birthday on the internet?

11. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You summed it up perfectly!

12. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lmao I feel you.
    Anyway, I don't really use facebook anymore, but I wouldn't care. Most people who wish you happy birthday don't actually give a crap.

13. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't really care for facebook birthdays. I mean it's nice, I guess. I'll never understand why people I haven't talked to in years wish me happy birthday. I never do for them. :shrug:
    Not saying I don't appricate people saying happy birthday to me. It's nice, but don't show up in my life every year just to say happy birthday to me, is all I'm saying.

Growing up I knew a lot of people who really cared about the # of people who said happy birthday to them on facebook. People literally would ask me if I would say happy birthday to them on facebook....ummmm

14. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Greatest idea ever! no more stress about how many random people that you used to know wish you a happy birthday! :slight_smile:

15. Lyana

Hope you had a happy birthday.
    The people I love most will wish me a happy birthday privately, if not in person. So I don't care much about the wall messages I receive. I'm not very active on Facebook, anyway -- I check groups and messages daily for class and to keep in touch with friends abroad, but almost nothing gets published on my wall.

I really don't think Facebook birthday wishes say anything about what a great/bad friend you are. They mostly say that someone logged in that day and clicked on the "Wish X a happy birthday" link. ^^

16. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never give birthday wishes to anyone on Facebook, I don't really see the point. It doesn't really show you care about them, in my opinion. Like Lyana said, they just log in and click on a link. And it doesn't show much effort if you type "hbd", so. If I'm close enough to somebody, I will tell them, or call them, or sometimes make them a card/ buy a present.

17. Ryu

Ryu

Hahahhahah! I don't have facebook!

it's really hard to not be excited when your birthday is less than a week away but I really don't want people to find out...

18. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't count how many birthday wishes I get. I just appreciate them for what they are, and I'd post a thank you message the following day, which usually gets me one or two belated birthday wishes in addition to the others.

In all honesty, I'd rather have nobody wish me a happy birthday. I hate when people make a fuss about it :dry:

#18 Ruby Dragon, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  19. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yup! I don't really care about my birthday (well except the ice-cream cake part :$), so I have it so nobody can see it. And nobody but the fam say anything, just the way I want it :slight_smile:

20. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I hide my birthday on Facebook. Always hated the attention.