1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much of a "people person" are you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Canterpiece, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So on my course in college we're doing about communication. And that got me thinking. Now personally, I don't think I'm much of a "people person". I umm.. well I guess you could say I lack social skills. I'm much better at understanding animals then people, I mean they make more sense really. People can be so damn complicated. :lol:

Plus I always annoy people by mistake with my facial expressions, apparently I always look annoyed and aggressive. I don't mean to be, but I've nearly gotten into fights because of this. Yes,really. Maybe I should give up and wear a plastic bag over my head. :grin: That way I wouldn't accidentally set people off.

So, how much of a "people person" are you? (!)

2. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not. I don't hate everyone, per se, but there are very few people I actually like.

I've been accused of this, too. People just always presume I'm pissed about something and I have to tell them, "No, this is how I always look". I mean, I am angry quite a bit (especially right now), but I do get this reaction even when I'm not.

#2 ThatBorussenGuy, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  3. PerfectLie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I can be a people person if I have to be...but I'm not overly...people person-ey(?) Lol.

What I mean is, if someone starts talking to me and creates a conversation...I'll happily go along with it and talk to them. But I don't talk to people unless they talk to me really. I'm just a quiet person.

4. Yosia

Do I have good social skills? Yes, excellent in fact.
    Do I 'like' people? No.

5. timo

In general I hate people. A dislike accompanied with oh-so-clear facial expressions and witty remarks.

Some, I can stand. I actually like being around them. So, yes, I'm a people person, but definitely not an all-people person.

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

If you observed me from the outside, you'd find 99.9% of people would nod their heads and say, "Oh, they are definitely a social person. A leader and natural born speaker."

However, that rare few, that .1% would tell you, "While they can perform the role of being social, as well as a leader and natural born speaker, they are an introvert -- they just don't let that stop them from getting what they want."

So, I could be considered a people person, even if the vast majority of people mean nothing to me.

7. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This, pretty much. I enjoy being around people - but there are a lot of people that piss me off.

8. MrSkittles

Not a people person. Every time I am around someone besides one of my friends I get all shy and start shaking and start panicking a little

9. Ryu

Ryu

I'm not a people person, if you couldn't guess. I don't go out unless I have to, I'm a total weirdo and I have very little self conciousness. These traits don't tend to mix well.

10. flyawayfree

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not a big "people person." My job involves working with kids and I absolutely love it. I have a few close friends, but for the most part I prefer being alone.

11. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not at all lol my social skills=0
    I just like some people individually.

12. Jellal

It's not like I dislike people, I think humanity is capable of doing good things and providing love and friendship for one another. But for those people whom I am not familiar with and see no real reason to be (that is to say, most people out there) I keep my distance when I can and try to be both as honest and polite as possible in my dealings with them. People are not normally something I crave, and I worry more about hurting them by mistake than anything. So I guess on the people person scale, out of 10 I am a 4.

13. YinYang

I seem like a 'people person' because I can hide my emotions really well, but in reality, I really dislike hanging out with people except for a select few. I'd much rather stay at home with a book and internet connection than go outside and interact with people :lol:

14. Distant Echo

In person? I'm really not. I have a low tolerance for idiots. I am very self-conscious and sick of being hurt. So if I consider you to be a friend, I really mean it. Get past my barriers and you are set. But those barriers are very well built. But once in a while someone walks right through them like they don't exist. That's a person I would do anything for.
    Online? Yes. I love forums. I find it very easy to make friends online, with people I will never meet. I am myself.

15. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to like and enjoy people. There have been a few exceptions over the years but I tend to expect the best and largely get it.

16. RainOnVII

People person? Not so much. I'm pretty asocial and interverted--I'd rather go off into a quiet corner and read a book. In high school, I'd purposefully pick out an empty lunch table and read epubs off my phone (wow, this sounds sad). It's not that I don't like people (I can be friendly, but it doesn't last very long), I'm just socially aloof.

#16 RainOnVII, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  17. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My response, always, when told I'll have to be around people that day:

[​IMG]

18. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I'm not, but I can play the part if necessary. Public speaking and even performing on stage is no issue for me. When the situation isn't scripted then it takes a bit more effort but, I can blend in easily enough, with my social chameleon powers.

19. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm an introvert, and generally strive to avoid people if I can. I enjoy the company of others who have the same interest as me, but only in short bursts because it tuckers me out.

20. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I am not a people person at all. I can't stand people, which is weird because my job requires me to be around thousands of people every day. And, I am apparently unapproachable. So, yeah.