1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you meet your BF/GF/SO????

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by waternation, Oct 14, 2015.

1. waternation

waternation Guest

Heya... again :smilewave

Lately I've been thinking of ways to try be more social and meet fellow LGBT peeps outside of just LGBT uni groups and stuff, and that got me thinking... I wonder what kind of stories everyone on EC has of meeting their BF/GF/SO?

If you don't have an SO what would your dream version of meeting be?? :slight_smile:

Hope you are all really well (*hug*)

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met mine waiting in the waiting lounge at an airport prior to boarding a flight. We chatted a bit prior to taking off, went on our first date 5 months later. Complete coincidence.

3. waternation

waternation Guest

Aww, that's such a sweet story! 5 months later until you went on a date? that's quite a long time! It sounds like a very good, and happy coincidence^^

4. Distant Echo

BF - he lived next door and was riding a motorbike around the yard keeping my baby awake, so I yelled at him.

Hoping-for-GF - at her work

5. waternation

waternation Guest

Heh heh!!! That's a strange way to meet! And awww, hope it all goes well with your hoping-for-GF! :thumbsup:

6. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He played "hard to get"!

7. Charon

Charon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One of my fag hags introduced us. We broke up eight months later.

8. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We met on an online dating site. I like to tell everyone it was Christianmingle.com but it wasn't

9. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Dream version, probably a magical cliched moment at a concert or bookstore or something. Or, someone I've been close friends with for a while, so there is no really initial "meeting" where the sparks start to fly, more like a development of feelings.

Realistically I'd probably say there's a good possibility in the future of meeting them at an LGBT+ group or event. Though I'll still be happy to take super cliched moment at a music festival or something :lol:

#9 Alder, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  10. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    Uh met my spouse in JR high. Wanted him to teach me how to skate. Started dating 2 yrs later, got married 2yrs after that.

11. Lyana

We met in a university class. I sat down next to them one day, and we started spending time together. To be honest, I'm not sure how it happened exactly -- we just fell into the same group of friends. Then we started seeing each other one-on-one, and we fell into a relationship. ^^

12. waternation

waternation Guest

Haha, oh wow. That was playing extremely hard to get o__o I thought maybe it had been a circumstance of being far away from each other because of meeting at an airport. Glad it all worked out for you guys tho :slight_smile: (he must have been totally worth it :icon_wink)

Oh :icon_sad: I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope you're doing okay...

Ohhh , haha, that's an awesome idea :lol:

Hmm, yeah, this is pretty much a description of how I would like to meet but how I would probably instead meet someone too. I'd love to meet someone like this, it would be such a nice memory to look back on. Let's hope that somehow the cliche moment will happen though :slight_smile:

Oh, congratulations^^ And wow a junior high school romance, that's a long time to stay together.

Ahh, at uni :slight_smile: That's a really happy story. It's strange how something small like that can happen like sitting next to someone and then it turns into something so much bigger. Hope all goes well for you guys^^

13. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Met her back in fourth grade! We've been best friends for a long time, and it's the classic "falling in love with your straight best friend" story....but I was wrong to assume she was straight. Turns out, she told me she was bi and I was questioning too. We liked each other a lot and have been dating for 8 months :slight_smile:

#13 loveislove01, Oct 14, 2015
  14. Ryu

Ryu

SO? I don't know what this means... Please say.

And I've never been in a relationship... It's a sad life but it's the only one I have...

15. C P

C P

I don't see myself ever being in a relationship, so...I guess I don't have much of an answer. Haven't even sniffed a date before.

SO ---> Significant other.

16. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    Waternation-its been interesting :slight_smile: we get along great but being gay has put m less than interesting spins on our relationship. Now its messy. But we are doing our best. (we are a hetero couple, 15yrs since we met, 13yrs together)

#16 ebda30, Oct 14, 2015
  17. Jalo

Jalo Guest

I never dated anybody before. Not even those fake "bf/gf/so's" that people had for one day back in sixth grade. I'll just wait for them to come around and see what happens.

18. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    We've been in the same grade since kindergarten, but only really became friends in 7th grade when we started doing cross country together in middle school. Then in 8th grade I got a crush on him and he got one on me in 9th grade, but we never told each other. We were wimps. :lol: By the summer between 11th and 12th grade (just this last summer), I asked him out on a date. That's when I found out how long we liked each other but just never admitted it. So we've had 5 years of friendship before we got into a relationship... I wish I had said something sooner. We graduate next summer so I have less than a year before we will have limited time with each other due to college.

#18 Tai, Oct 14, 2015
  19. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When hell freezes, and hits 0 degrees Kelvin, and I get a boyfriend, I'll let you know.

Wait...given how unlikeable I am, maybe we'd better make it -100 degrees Kelvin.

:tears:

I have an unfinished novel with 2 gay characters who end up together. Part of their experience is probably less than ideal, due to that era's less accepting society. But part of it is, to me, perfect: they meet, they become friends, and in time very good friends. And then--and only then--does the sexual (and later romantic) relationship begin.

20. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I don't know. You tell me, because I can't find them!