1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drawing on myself with Sharpie or Acrylic paint for a costume?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RavenTheRat, Oct 14, 2015.

1. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey rainbow waffle people! I have a question- If I only wear it for one day, would it be bad for me to draw on myself with sharpie/acrylic paint?

Tommorow is Harry Potter day at my school, and I'm throwing together a last-minute death eater costume. I have more than enough black clothes to suffice for the costume (my sad emo a**), but I still need the dark mark, and I'd like to put a skull outline on my face since A) I don't have a mask and B) We aren't allowed to wear masks at school anyhow. I only have sharpie or acrylic paint to do it- is it safe?
    I hear a lot about how dangerous it can be to put sharpie on your skin.......
    I'd prefer to use sharpie for the dark mark because it'll be more accurate, but I could definitley use Acrylic for the skull.

Anyone know if this is safe? I'll be wearing it from about 5:45 AM to 3:00 PM.

Thanks guys! (&&&)

#1 RavenTheRat, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Blackbirdz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    And you don't have any eyeliner? I've had acrylic paint on my skin before without any problem, but I never tried to paint my face with it. It comes off with water and some scrubbing. I suppose you could do a skin test with a splotch of acrylic paint to see if it irritates your skin.

#2 Blackbirdz, Oct 14, 2015
  3. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Beware, acrylic paint stains clothes. A bit of sharpie won't harm you, but use it sparingly.

4. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you could go out and get face paint? Sharpie might stain your face, though if you can't get face paint I would probably recommend acrylic paint opposed to sharpie.

5. TheStormInside

Don't do sharpie unless you want to be a Death Eater for more than a few days. You could use acrylic paint, I've used it on skin before and it seems fine, the only problem is it can flake off if you aren't careful with it. I'd also echo Blackbirdz and suggest you do a skin test to make sure you aren't irritated by it.

If you can, you could probably just run to any CVS, Walmart, etc and find very cheap face paint sticks at this time of year, though, and that'd be your safest option as that is actually made for skin.

6. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You all gave great advice, thank you so much :slight_smile: I do have eyeliner, and I guess that's the safest option so I'll use that..... it draws terribly but ...... oh well, guess I'm stuck using it :frowning2:
    No I can't go out and get anything else.....

#6 RavenTheRat, Oct 14, 2015