1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love big cities...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by OGS, Oct 14, 2015.

1. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love big cities with all the weird juxtapositions they provide. Last night we went out to dinner in the old gayborhood here in town--a really lovely Italian place. Well, while we are eating the Cubs won their game. I guess it's the first time they've ever won their division in a home game. So anyway Wrigleyville is adjacent to Boystown so when we were leaving dinner people were streaming from the stadium and nearby bars. It was a beautiful evening and so my partner and I walked along hand in hand.

Suddenly we're surrounded by frat type guys probably about twenty years our junior all hooting and hollering. They had obviously had more to drink than the glass each of pinot that we had. I really started to pay attention when one of them actually addressed us. What he said, rather jovially, was "gay dudes, we won, woooo...". We hooted and hollered; they hooted and hollered. Chicago! Chicago! There were high fives all around and then we went on our way. Just as we were sort of pondering what the hell had just happened we overheard over our shoulders the drunken comment "pretty cool gay dudes, right?"

It was really surreal but kinda cool...

2. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nice to hear decency isn't going out of fashion. It's the little things, small gestures like that here and there, now and then, that keep one with a positive outlook on life.

I hope the dinner was good. And congrats to the Cubs because maaaaan, 6 motherfucking home-runs in a single game is nothing short of extraordinary! It's like just winning wasn't good enough for them, they had to do it in such a spectacular fashion the Cardinals would have to commit collective seppuku in order to save some face lol.

#2 RawringSnake, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015