1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you ever get this?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Canterpiece, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is mainly aimed at guys/girls who are in classes mainly made up of (if not entirely) the opposite sex. This also applies to friendship groups where you may be the only girl/guy or there are less people of the same sex in your group than the opposite.

My English teacher stopped me the other day and asked me what it was like being the only girl in the class (there is another girl moving into our class soon but as it stands I'm the only one currently). I wasn't really sure what to say to this, so I just responded something among the lines of being used to it.

So my question is, if you are mainly surrounded by the opposite sex, than do you get asked a lot what it's like? How do you respond? I have a fairly mixed group of friends really, and quite a lot of acquaintances as well.

2. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't get asked questions that much, honestly it's not unusual for me to hang out with mostly guys (or all guys), and me being the only "girl," well- from an outsider's POV.

People generally don't blink an eye. The only comments I got before were jabs at me being a huge flirt, when I had no interest in any of the guys anyways.
    It was irritating, but it wasn't such a big deal. In my opinion it doesn't really matter if you hang out or have classes with mainly same sex or mainly not with the same sex, if people make comments then let them make them and ask what they want. Just say that there's nothing too particular about it. To me, the sex of my classmates and friend groups doesn't make much of a difference, though I tend to fit in better with classes of mainly guys.

3. Yosia

It doesn't bother me at all (there is only 3 male sexed individuals in my class out of 26), and honestly, I can get on with anyone regardless of their gender, I sometimes actually fail to see why some people find it so hard.