1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you getting into the Halloween spirit?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Burnedcloset, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Burnedcloset

Title
    Are you decorating?
    Getting a costume?
    Buying/carving pumpkins?
    Eating sweets?
    All of the above!?
    Opinion on Haunted houses?
    Do you enjoy Halloween?

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Eating junk food :lol:

Since I stopped trick or treating I just haven't been feeling it. But I am getting the fall vibe :slight_smile:

3. Distant Echo

Don't do Halloween here in oz - although the supermarkets and party shops are merchandising like mad.
    On the other hand - the spirit? Yes please. I'll have a large.

4. Cedar

-Only the inside of my house. I have been considering buying some barbie dolls from a thrift store and turning them into vampires or something. We don't have any outdoor decorations.

-I stopped wearing a costume a while ago because I don't know what to go as these days :\...

-Nope

-After halloween, when the candy is on sale.

-I don't like cramped, dark spaces. So I avoid haunted houses.

-I don't like dealing with trick-or-treaters but I do like the decorations. Autumn is my favourite time of the year.

5. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Not this year... I'm just not feeling it.

6. Artemisarked

Nope. Funny thing, my mother considers it the "Devil's Holiday" and, in previous years, only permitted me to go outside if I had something to do. Otherwise, stay inside with the porch lights off. Then again my neighborhood is remotely dead so people don't really walk by as much.

I mean, I could do it now, but I'm not really in the mood to go to other strangers for candy. I have bad enough anxiety already. I'll probably just feast on a bunch of candy instead. :eusa_droo

7. Jalo

Jalo Guest

I haven't even been able to get into the Halloween spirit. Not feeling it this year. Probably because of awful dysphoria.

8. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Yeah! Maybe not as much as past years, but once I carve pumpkins I will. I've got my costume pretty much all ready. I might get to go trick-or-treating with my friend and this weekend I'm going to some haunted houses with my friends.

9. Formality

I've been eating a lot of roasted root veggies and pumpkin.... Does that count as halloween'y?

I might carve a pumpkin or eat some pumpkin seeds with my breakfast müsli if I'm feeling crazy but that's about it. I dislike candy so I won't be eating any myself, but I heard kids love salty licorice and mint pastils so I bought a bunch of that to give to any trick or treaters.

10. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am carving a pumpkin.

I have never saw a haunted house.

I hate Halloween, it is freezing cold here (20 degrees Celsius, I am used to 35 degrees still).

11. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

No one really celebrates Holloween in my community QQ

12. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If I were living away from home right now, I would become Halloween incarnate.

For now I just have to listen to all the dark, gloomy music I can and play some creepy video games.

13. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you decorating? Yes! I'm having a mini halloween party at my house...with some people I don't exactly like, but oh well...

Getting a costume? Not really a scary one, I'm cosplaying as an anime schoolgirl.

Buying/carving pumpkins? If I'm not flooded with homework this week, yes.

Eating sweets? What's Halloween without sweets?

Opinion on Haunted houses? They're okay. I go to one held by my elementary school, and high schoolers and teachers participate in it. It's not scary, but the kids cried last year.

Do you enjoy Halloween? My favorite holiday of the year! It gives me an excuse to cosplay~ Candy is always good.

14. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Eating sweets too scared to do haunted houses

15. Natasha Elyssa

I'm doing Halloween. I've put lights in my room and window, I have a costume (I'm gonna be a modern-mercenary), I have pumpkins, YES I has sweets and am eating said sweets, haunted houses are meh. I really enjoy Halloween. It's fun and stuff. Plus it's the one day you can be goofy and stuff, and not be profiled as psychologically disturbed. HAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHH. Ahem. Plus free candy. <3 :slight_smile:

16. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I like to save the pumpkin stuff until the last week of October (pumpkins will spoil quickly after being carved). Already decorated and basically have my costume set. Don't really need to buy candy yet. Haunted houses... I'd like to go to one but I haven't really made any plans.

17. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Halloween and New Year's Eve are the two nights, of the entire year, I am guaranteed to attend a fairly large party, so yes. I'd say I am getting into the Halloween spirit.

Your questions...

Are you decorating?
    Some pumpkins and minor decorations. Nothing over the top.

Getting a costume?
    Not totally sure. The party I go to has a costume optional rule, so not everybody goes dressed up, but some do.

Buying/carving pumpkins?
    I usually go to a farmer's market in town, wait until they're packing up to leave, and ask them to buy a few pumpkins. Usually they give it to me for free, just so it's one less thing to pack, or at a very reduced price for a few.

Carving? Maybe. I usually just sell the pumpkins, that I obtained from the farmer's market, to people I know who have kids (which saves them a trip to a field or store), which allows me to have a personal stash of several candies on Halloween, when I watch a few Horror movies.

Eating sweets?
    Oh yeah. And a Horror movie or two, too.

All of the above!?
    Enough of it.

Opinion on Haunted houses?
    They can be amusing. It really depends on who is putting it together, and how passionate they are. A half-ass haunted house is not my cup of tea, LOL.

Do you enjoy Halloween?
    It begins my favorite part of the year, which is from Halloween to New Year's Day. So yes, but if you mean by itself, it's okay. I usually just watch a movie or two, sit on the front porch and hand out candy to Trick-or-Treaters, and enjoy a joint. Pretty laid back, really.

#17 Kaiser, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  18. Psaurus918

I love this time of the year. So far I've just been watching a ton of horror films and drinking pumpkin beer.

This weekend I might go to a old warehouse that was converted into 4 different haunted houses then after a haunted walk through an old campground.

Next weekend I might be going to Salem for the day or an abandoned insane asylum who does a overnight ghost tour

Finally on Halloweeen I'm going to my friends party they put on every year.

I haven't bought any pumpkins yet and not sure if I will. I'm not artistic and my carvings are so bland and I always forget to light them

19. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a Witch. I am never *out* of the Halloween spirit!

20. CyanChachki

Kinda waiting on my sister to give us the go-ahead for a halloween party. If she does, I'll either be dressing up as a possessed teddy bear or a random"Are you my mummy?" patient from the Dr.Who episode, "The Empty Child"