1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling good!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by n3e, Oct 16, 2015.

1. n3e

n3e

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi all,

I don't really know if this belongs in another section of the forum, but I am just going to leave it here since this is a general forum. I just wanted to share how I am feeling, I don't have questions, I am just feeling good, and don't have a lot of people I can talk openly about it with.

I am in a committed, long term relationship. I use the words 'long term' loosely in this sense, as we have been seeing each other for several weeks, but everything about the relationship has led me to feel and believe that it will last for a long while. I'm just saying that this feels right, and I have never fallen in love with someone before this.

For some context, I started really questioning my sexuality about a year ago (there had been clues that I have been ignoring from way before this), and I am out to everyone I know as of about a month ago. A week after I finished coming out to the people I care about, I met someone on a certain gay app that seemed to really feel the same way that I did about relationships. I was up front about wanting a committed relationship and wanting to move slowly through dating, and he reciprocated the feeling.

Also, I am 25 years old, and he is 62. I know some people will think from a first glance that he is using me, or I am using him, or we are just secretly double using each other behind our backs, but I am over worrying about that. I am attracted to older men, and I have grown to accept that about myself over a long time period. We are attracted to each other physically, and much more importantly, we care about each other on an emotional level. We seem to understand each other. I know more about him than anyone else, and vice versa. I finally feel happy on a whole new level. We are taking things slowly and building our relationship from an emotional and intellectual level primarily, and I am really appreciating that. I am in a much better place today than I was a year ago, and I really feel good about that.

I have gone from questioning to being in a committed relationship over the course of a year, and I in part owe that to being able to fully express my thoughts through this website, and these posts. I am feeling good and I am really glad that I stumbled across this website. I hope I can help other people work through whatever they are going through in the future on this website. Thanks.

2. ScatteredEarth

I'm glad that you found someone for you. While it may not be my cup of tea, to each his own, and as long as you're happy, that's all that counts :slight_smile:

3. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. C P

C P

Kudos to you for finding someone, and don't let anyone snatch that away from you for some petty reasons(there is a stigma behind it, as you know).

I know of someone who is in a similar situation and he'll be delighted to hear this when I tell him; I know he's faced some...criticism.

Congrats again and best of luck to you two.