1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food help?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ScatteredEarth, Oct 17, 2015.

1. ScatteredEarth

Okay, so my mother went on a 5 day cruise with her friend to Bermuda, which leaves me, my brother, my father, and my mom's friend's husband here.

Naturally this means that they can't cook worth shit, both in a stereotypical sense and literal, so it falls upon me to do the cooking. Only problem is that I barely know how to cook :<

So what I did so far, is I put 2 packets of Sazon and some adobo on a pork shoulder, rubbed it in and added some parsley.. I have no idea if it's gonna work or not, but I was wondering if someone on here who has a bit more knowledge when it comes to food to help me a bit, and give me some tips!

Tomorrow is pork chops as well and I just plan on attempting to fry them o3o

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When all else fails, buy a pound of ground beef and a box of Hamburger Helper.

3. go figure

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For the pork chops use a shake and bake, or bread crumbs and bake them. Frying is good, but tends to dry them out a lot if you're not careful. Good luck!

4. ScatteredEarth

I have to work with what I've got! They bought a bunch of food and told me that I needed to make the roast today and porkchops tomorrow, and then whatever else after that.

5. Formality

I use google or cookbooks to find recipes. It's really simple, just follow the instructions basically...

I don't understand how people can have such trouble cooking, unless it's like a complicated dish. It is astonishing how bad my brothers and my father are at cooking. The best they can do is overcooked bacon wih prefabricated stuff that they put in the oven -.-" My dad is a doctor and my brother has like 160+ IQ. You'd imagine they'd at least know how to follow a recipe. I mean geez.