1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lucid Dreaming!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Evanfan, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Evanfan

wow ok, i had a lucid dream about 2 weeks ago... it was fun.. but i like... stopped being lucid after trying to ask tyra to come back in all my dreams and tell me i was dreaming... lol... has anyone had these before..? whats happened.. and how can i like... make them happen more often..? i want to use and in it 'come' out to people to see if it'll help me come out to them in real life... that way i'd c how i felt after doing it.. and what their reactions would be.

btw if u don't know what lucid dreaming is........ its knowing you're dreaming WHILE dreaming... then you can control your actions and everythign else that happens in your dream (for example... you coudl travel anywhere you wanted to, you coudl fly, you could have a giant ice cream cone, you would even share dreams (make someone know THEY're dreaming.. and supposedly you'll both b aware and in control of ur actions in the same dream... and u'll c eachother and stuff))

2. Jard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've never managed it. I've heard it's somehow connected to how well you remember your dreams when you're conscious and I never remember my dreams so that's probably why.

I don't think you can manage dream telepathy with it though. lol

3. musican

I've never been able to have a lucid dream, I never know that I'm dreaming until I wake up.

4. Wall

Wall Guest

I want a lucid dream D=

5. Vector

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I used to be really huge on these.
    Check out www.dreamviews.com. They've got some really good material about it, plus a whole forum of lucid dreaming enthusiasts.

I never did manage it myself, but I only used to rarely dream. I went from 1 every month to dreaming a few times nightly, and remembering the next day.

If you want to improve your dream recall or work at lucid dreaming I highly reccomend that website. :slight_smile:

6. oneguy15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to be a part of a forum similar to the one above, but I only managed one lucid dream. It was a horror-themed dream (big surprise, I know. I can't really remember most of it though) and I made it so me and a couple of my friends made it through the whole ordeal, it was cool! Unfortunately, I lost interest after many unsuccessful tries and don't really practice it anymore.

Astral Projections, however, now those are a trip.

7. Jeimuzu

I think I'd just imagine myself up some hot naked guys, tbh. My dreams suck, they're all about stupid stuff. Screw that, I want boys. =D

8. Adam

I have had a few dreams where I knew I was in a dream. I sorta had control over like 2 of them they are pretty cool I wish I could do it more often. Or was I just dreaming that I knew I was in a dream? I will never know...haha

9. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had lucid dreams, they've very frustrating because they're hard to control. They usually always involve me desperately trying to kiss a guy in the dream, but I tend to wake up before I'm able to

10. Wow, what a strange coincidence.
    I just found my dream journal this morning, although now I just draw in it.

I never did manage a lucid dream. I'm addicted to dreaming I think, I get so wrapped up in my dreams. I love how random they are.
    I have excellent dream recall too, maybe I'll start trying again.

The dream telepathy thing is bogus, but you COULD dream up a person and make them act like they're dreaming too.

Actually in a way I do have lucid dreams. One thing I'm obsessed with is flying, and in all my dreams where I fly I can never actually fly. I can hover, jump/float for a distance but never fly.
    And I'm always aware that my dream is taunting me, maybe I can try and work off that in the future.

11. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I've never had one of these, but I did have a dream in a dream in a dream lol. I kept waking up in the dreams and was like "Is this a dream D= ?"

12. crystaltriforce

i used to have dreams like that where i can control what happens and they even felt real, but now i don't dream as much as i used to.

13. Arty

Arty Guest

whenever i realise i'm dreaming things take a turn for the worst. i have a very wild and slightly morbid imagination :badgrin:

14. n8i2c7k

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm no expert but i did read a bit about it and what i read said one way to dream a lucid dream is to realize you're dreaming. To do this it says you can constantly do a reality check on yourself such as:

-pinching yourself
    -counting your fingers (wrong number of fingers in a dream)
    -looking for other abnormalities

It says to do this even during the day so it becomes a habit and you will perform these checks in your dreams

I tried this last night and i did realize i was dreaming. Just as i started to try control things however i woke up. What i looked for was when, in my dreams, my vision fades until i find my eyes are shut and i vigorously try to pry them open. I found my self doing that last night and i realized it was a dream.

I don't know if this will work for you or not but i hope it helps :slight_smile:

15. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, in my lucid dream I noticed that the clocks were going backwards

16. IamAninja

I've had a short one. I made my friend love me.... that was it we just talked!

17. I would looove to be able to do astral projection... >_> The closest I can get to that is sometimes having a feeling that my arms and legs are floating.

I've never had a fully lucid dream, but on occasion I have a semi-lucid dream where I have control only over whether or not I wake up.

18. IamAninja

I have astral projections all the time, but I don't remember them! I experience the falling feeling about once a week!

19. Bunny

Ooh, I've had a few of those. I usually wake up right after I realize I'm dreaming, though. D|

It is an amazing feeling to be aware of your dreams, though.