1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New girl at work...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AfraidandAlone, Oct 18, 2015.

1. AfraidandAlone

So tonight I had to train a new girl, and I probably have had the best day at work I have ever had. I have always had a hard time even talking to people if I don't know them, and it normally takes me a few weeks to even be able to talk to new people about any thing non work related. For what ever reason it was really super easy to talk to her, we ended up having a fairly personal conversation with each other while we were working together (personal for two people who just met as Co workers). Even after work we were texting for an hr or so, which I don't even do with my best friend really. What, I think, is even better is the fact she is 24 and single. It really caught me off guard when she said she wants to take me out for lunch because of how helpful and nice I was, then as she was leaving she asked me to text her when I got home so she knew I got home safe. Right now I feel like I am going insane. My anxiety is going through the roof because I already know she likes me as a friend because when I said I only had two friends she stated quite clearly that I have 3 unless I didn't like her. I know I have just met her but I already know I want to at least try and see if it could go any further than just friends but I don't want to come across as some creepy desperate looser. It also doesn't help when part of me is saying I know I don't stand a chance and she could do way better which is actually fairly true... :icon_redf:bang::confused:

2. AfraidandAlone

Wow I can't believe it. She actually feels the same, I can't even begin to describe how happy I am right now. I really honestly thought I would be alone forever then boom this amazing woman just walks in to my life out of the blue.

3. Cedar

Wow, that's really cool! Congrats! Good luck with her. :eusa_clap

4. littleraven

That's amazing. ^-^ I like stories like these. <3

5. AfraidandAlone

So we are going on our first date on Wednesday. I kind of feel bad because she is paying I said it could wait until I had a bit more money after payday (a week and a half away :frowning2: ) but she said she didn't mind and really wants to go.

6. Distant Echo

That is awesome! Enjoy:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

7. ScatteredEarth

I'm happy for you, I hope you guys have a wonderful night :slight_smile:

8. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow that sounds just awesome! I'm totally happy for you. Wish you all the best (*hug*)

Keep us informed if you want to and let us know how the date went :slight_smile:

9. jayne xoxo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    How exciting!!! I met an ex at work and we clicked right away too. We ended up having a lovely year long relationship. Congrats!! :slight_smile:

10. AfraidandAlone

Thank you all , this is just so amazing. We haven't stopped texting since we met, and neither one of us can wait to see each other again.

11. AfraidandAlone

I am so excited for tomorrow and I am not even feeling nervous at all ^_^

12. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    <3 aww thats awesome

#12 Serperior, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2015
  13. littleraven

That's fantastic.<3

14. AfraidandAlone

:eusa_dancSo we went for a 4hr walk around town and sat in the park for a while befor I had to work. I couldn't believe when I looked at my phone when she asked what time it was that we had been walking around and sitting in the park that long. We were talking nearly the whole time, it didn't even seem to reallatter what it was about it is just so easy to talk to her. Even for the few moments we weren't talking the silence wasn't awkward at all. I actually managed to tell her that it felt like I was talking to an old friend I hadn't seen in a long time, and that somthing just seemed to click when I saw her and just knew I needed to get to know her. The best part was the big smile she got and told me she felt the exact same way but didn't want to tell me because she was afraid it would creep me out. I couldn't have possibly dreamed that I could ever meet some one like her. There is no pressure around her I don't feel like I have to try to impress her, she makes my anxiety completely go away. I have way more confidence around her and well I haven't been able to stop smiling for three days now. We haven't even been on our first date and we already have more planed (unless a 4hr walk counts as a date hehehe). She told me she wants to take me to the peanuts movie and the snoopy movie when they come out and I just randomly asked her if she likes hockey too (thinking she would say no hahaha) she said yea, why is that bad? So we also have plans to go to some hockey games ^_^. For once I am laying in bed crying because I am so amazingly happy. I guess the hardest part is done already too hahaha I have met her parents and she has met my mom. Apparently her dad thinks I seem like a very nice guy. Oh and well I haven't actually come out to her I did tell her that pretty much every other girl I went out with ended up telling me I am way too sensitive and girlie and if they wanted that they would date a woman. That was befor we went on the 4hr walk and I'm sure she understood what I was saying and when she asked what my favorite colour was at first I said red but then actually managed to tell her pink too. She just smiled and asked what shade so I told her it depended on where it was being used and how much. After that we just carried on with talking no different than befor. I still can't believe some one soaring could like me as much as i like her and have so many of the same interests as me. So far apart from some foods i like that she doesn't or she likes that i don't there isnt very much we don't have in commo, we even like the same odd assortment of music (every thing from rock to classical with a bit of country and rap in the mix). :eusa_danc:eusa_danc

#14 AfraidandAlone, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  15. BiPenguin

An awesome day. :slight_smile:

16. AfraidandAlone

Well off too meet my date ^_^ so excited

17. AfraidandAlone

OMG!!!!!! BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!!!! hehehe sorry. She is so amazing even befor our food got there we had already agreed we both want to go on another and several other dates. After dinner we went too a Co workers house to play games, and he had a few other people over (two I knew one I didnt) normally in that situation just because there was another person there I didn't know (especially a girl) I wouldn't have really talked at all. But with her it was just so easy, it felt like I was a completely different person .

18. Distant Echo

That is utterly fantastic. So very very very happy for you

19. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This is so adorable, omg. I'm really happy for you. Keep us updated! :slight_smile:

20. AfraidandAlone

What is even better is she understands my medical issues and can relate because of her own allergies and such.