1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Straight dreams"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Berru, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Okay, this is going to sound like a troll post, but I swear it's not.

I've been having straight dreams recently. Like, dreams where I kiss guys or attempt to, and it's confusing me.
    I guess this must be how straight people feel when they have gay dreams.

I'm almost certain I'm at least 95% gay/lesbian/whatever, and I can't help but wonder why my subconcious is playing tricks on me. Is it telling me I'm not gay after all, or is it telling me to stop clinging onto the hope that I'm not?

And and and, have you guys been bothered by "straight" dreams at night? How did you react?

Let's have a discussion about this! :icon_bigg

2. eternallyapril

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to have similar dreams, and they made me very confused because it happened at the stage when I was first coming out. They didn't bother me, per se, but I was a little unsure of what they meant. Now I have them once in awhile, but I am in a same-sex relationship and don't fear that I might be straight anymore.

3. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    funny ive never had a straight dream....litterly never...ever since i started high school whenever it was a sexual dream it was always gay. weird how it took me till i was 17 to figure it out right? id have a sexual dream with my friend if i ever made a new friend...weird i must make friends with people im sort of attracted to. but i wouldnt worry about it...its probably your mind just trying experiences out. take mine for example: thats my brain subtley tested if i like the idea or not and whether i would accept being gay or at least doing something gay...so perhaps yours are just dreams testing whether you would accept straight things

#3 europeanguy, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  4. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes dreams are just dreams, they might not necessarily mean anything. They could mean you're not gay, they could equally as well mean to stop clinging to the hope that you're not. Or equally likely, nothing much at all. I wouldn't worry about it too much, honest.

Dreams are usually just a mess of the subconscious to sort through a bunch of things, and I wouldn't necessarily assign significance to them unless they really do reveal something new to you that you have never thought of, or you use them to explore something new, or accept something about yourself. I.e. in the past I had dreams about kissing various people and although they might not have meant a lot in themselves, it helped my conscious self steer itself in a direction of exploration. I realized that if I actually wanted to do the things I was dreaming about after I woke up, then cool, maybe my subconscious was trying to show me that. But if I woke up feeling like nope, nah, not interested, then that's that. No big deal really.

Some dreams could mean something but most of the time, at least with me, they don't. If they do, it's often not as direct and obvious as something like "I had a dream of kissing a guy, this must mean I'm attracted to guys." It's often so much more convoluted. Eg if I had a dream about being friends with a lovely five headed snake, its meaning probably isn't "it's time to head to the pet store and adopt your new best friend," but, oh I don't know, along the lines of "maybe it's time to deal with your own insecurities with relationships!" or whatnot. Either it doesn't mean anything, or its meaning isn't very clear.

Really, don't stress. What matters is how you feel and where your attractions are when you are awake and conscious. Unless your subconscious has you kissing guys and you wake up actively wanting to kiss guys, wanting to explore in that direction, and suddenly realizing you're attracted to them, then it's probably not that significant. Sometimes focusing on it even more will cause it to reappear again in your subconscious because you're trying to think it through so much in the waking hours. Don't worry, explore your orientation and try to understand it more in your waking hours, and assign less significance to dreams. They can be significant to some people in some contexts, but that doesn't mean it has to have any deep underlying meaning in your situation, especially if you don't feel any desire for men in real life. (*hug*)

Well I have had them, but I'm not bothered by them....probably for pretty obvious reasons :lol: (I am probably not the demographic you're looking for to answer this question)
    Like I said, those kind of dreams usually don't mean much to me. Just kind of fun sometimes. But dreaming about flying a car through a volcano, is also quite fun.

#4 Alder, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  5. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It could simply be your subconcious trying different experiences.
    Dont be bothered by them. The subconcious is a myriad mixture of all things, sane, weird and ineplainable....
    Love whom you want to and be yourself :slight_smile:

6. ScatteredEarth

The last 'straight' dream I've had was a really weird one.. I was with this woman and she looked perfectly normal on the outside, and everything was normal except for her 'ladypart'

Instead of the normal look, it was perfectly circular, had a metal ring, and a small rod within the center. Best way I could describe it is if someone put a cylinder in her, and attached a rod to the center. But because it was a dream it didn't occur to me that this was weird, so we ended up having sex and.. um.. Let's just say the rod had a very bad reason for being there o-o but the strange part was that it was an oddly nice feeling, and I felt more 'energized'

...Holy shit, now that I think about it.. She was charging me o-o Did I really have a dream about vaginas just being penis chargers?

7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I periodically have them as well. Mostly, they are about people I have not fully processed. They can be confusing. That's why I don't label sexuality. It's easier to label someone's political or religious affiliation, but I find sexuality to be more elusive for some. I try not to worry about it. My dreams are all over the board.

8. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

And even if they did mean something in this scenario, it's just as likely that they represent random fluctuations in a daily stream of consciousness. As such it would make sense to have those types of dreams during one's questioning process.

9. Plattyrex

I used to have them when I first hit puberty and realized I liked boys, but it was usually very awkward. Most of them were just being forced into uncomfortable situations by my parents. I never really found it arousing or anything though, so I don't know if it counts.

10. CyanChachki

There are plenty of things I've dreamed about that don't make sense, like the time I went to a carnival and got snow cones that where made by falling off of a tin roof or for example, last night, when I was handed a large brown cloak and inside of it was a very small baby.

They say that we dream of what we know and I'll add on saying that we know what we dream but it's almost scrambled up randomly. What I'm trying to say is that you know of kissing, you know what a man is and that it's probably just meshed together. It doesn't necessarily mean that you want to be with a guy. As for the feelings left over, well, if you've kissed someone before, maybe you're just feeling that. I think it would be similar to feeling sad over dreaming about the death of a loved one, who is still alive.

11. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Read this thread last night, had a straight dream!
    lol

12. tulipinacup

I've had more dreams about straight sex than a gay one tbh and most have to do with girls having huge breasts and I'm actually not surprised because I've always like seeing a woman with great set of rack in an aesthetic perspective.

13. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've had many of those. But I really enjoyed the ones in which I was the male.

14. Jalo

Jalo Guest

I've had weird ass dreams too. I have had plenty of dreams being a woman having sex with a man, a man having sex with another man, and I even had a dream being a woman and I had sex with one of my closest friends. That was weird as fuck, yes. But they're just dreams to me- nothing more.