1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If Everybody Were Bisexual...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Would it be easier?

There are circles of individuals who believe, if everybody were bisexual, things would be easier, and there'd be more potential for relationships and whatnot.

Or do you think variety in sexuality is better?

I'd type a little more, but I need to be heading back to work. The basis for this topic should be understandable, at least.

2. Charon

Charon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It would be easier, but a variety in sexuality is better.

3. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I feel like I'm supposted to say a variety of sexuality is better, but I honestly think the world would be a lot better/easier to understand if everybody were bisexual.

4. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The world would be a lot better......
    Homophobia would be nonexistent

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I think it's fine as it is, although there shouldn't be such stigma toward homo-, a- and bisexuality, of course.

6. ScatteredEarth

This is one of those questions that's difficult to answer, because you're asking what it'd be like, if the whole world was different all of a sudden.. I mean, on one hand, it'd be easier to find someone to be with, and with there being a more or less even split of people dating men and women, our population problem could be somewhat solved.

The one issue that I see in this however, is that it would homogenize the populace, making them all the exact same in one regard, and that's usually not so fun.

7. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ...It would diminish my sense of sexual superiority. I mean, I guess it sounds cool and all for the rest of the world or whatever, but won't somebody please think of my ego?

#7 RawringSnake, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  8. candyjiru

I'd like to think it would be easier, but I feel like humans, as a species, enjoy groups... we love grouping ourselves together to find common interests, likes, dislikes, and also, to feel like we're special, to be perfectly honest... I feel that since bisexuality isn't 50-50, people would still break themselves off into the groups we have now, but with bisexual tweaking, like "girl-loving bi girls" and "boy-loving bi girls" and so on and so forth~ I think it would be easier in that same-sex marriage wouldn't be an issue, but there would still be in-fighting and judging and such just the same... "Oh~ I'm a gold star bi~ My sexual history includes exactly 50 % girls and 50 % boys!" XD;;;;;

9. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hetrosexual relationships would still be the norm of what is expected of people. A spike in suicide rates for the first few years after everyone becomes bisexual. Religious authorites and cult leaders will take advantage of the situation for personal gains. Maybe within a few decades homosexual relationships will steadily spike. Overall if everybody turned bisexual it wouldn't do much to father society acceptance of gay relationships. It may even put acceptance back in places.

10. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    There would be no homophobia if everyone was

11. ScatteredEarth

Well then I hope they're having nothing but threesomes, and extremely choreographed threesomes at that. "GET THE FUCK OFF JACK, YOU'RE PUSHING ON THE 5 MINUTE MARK AND I GOTTA GET LUCY FOR 5 MINUTES!!!"

12. candyjiru

This sounds like a story in the making XD;;;;

13. ScatteredEarth

We shall call it "#biworldproblems"

14. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, if let's say 'at the start of the world' everyone was bi, then I don't see a problem. However, if everyone woke up one day (presently) and found out that everyone was bi, there would be world chaos for a while. As Candyking said, religious authorities and cult leaders would cause problems, along with the government, I feel. Of course, those who are homophobic would have the worst reactions, and they may turn to cult and religious leaders to 'solve' this 'problem'...(cue eye roll and sigh) However, if society were to continue with everyone being bi, in a very far future, there will be worldwide acceptance of homosexuality. In a very far future, if you consider the types of upbringing and such (nature and nurture, positive and negative 'add ons'...)

But, if in the end, you're looking for worldwide acceptance of LGBTQ+, look into the very far future. Maybe even when the world ends (due to lack of resources, etc) there will never be worldwide acceptance. Well, that's what I feel.

15. ScatteredEarth

I assumed we were talking about a sorta 'beginning of time' question. But I agree that if everyone turned bisexual overnight, we'd end up with a bunch of new issues.

16. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree that the world would be a better place. There would be no hatred. If only...

17. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my opinion, it wouldn't make it easier to date anyone at all, or even change discrimination.

I mean sure, we'd all like both genders. But does every single bisexual have the same preference? Does every bisexual like crossdressing men, butch girls, body hair, skinny/fat people, or people of different races? Does every bisexual get into BDSM, anal sex/pegging, or foot fetishes? Does every bisexual want kids, follow a certain religion, and so on?

I'm going to go with no, so therefore people will still get rejected and be incompatible and so on. There will still be racism since not wanting to date black people isn't related to bisexuality. And there will still be bisexuals with a strong preference for one gender or the other, so certain ones may reject a gender depending on how they feel for the time being.

#17 Creativemind, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  18. Jellal

I think it'd be totally awesome.

19. ScatteredEarth

Oh no, don't get it twisted, there'd still be hatred, especially with those damn *insert topic of hate here*

20. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It would be interesting to see the effect it would have on gender roles, and just generally, the discrimination between sexes.