1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gatherings?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BitterEdge, Jan 12, 2009.

1. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

Now I've met two people off of EC, but was wondering what peoples' thoughts were about meeting people/ organizing some type of gathering from those on the site?

2. EM68

I think it would be fun. It seems that there is a number of people from the New England area.

3. Urman

Urman Guest

#3 Urman, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2009
  4. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I saw that Urman, but I figured to start a post that wasn't necessarily about an event. And yes I agree with the silver fox (calling someone old is taboo, especially when you aren't) us New Englanders are numerous on EC.

5. biisme

If people want to post in here whether or not they want a meet-up in New England/New York, I'll start to complie a list from which I can then PM the members about locations and times.

6. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

That would be awesome, I'd deff. be up for that.

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

8. EM68

I would be interested.

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

If interested please PM biisme.

10. Urman

Urman Guest

biisme are we doing this together or no?

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We do have to tread VERY carefully when discussing EC meetings. Keep in mind a few things.

* We need to keep all contact information off of the board. That includes phone numbers, e-mail addresses, myspace links, everything. And that means off of the main board, off of wall messages, and off of private messages, as well.
    * In order to keep things aboveboard, we need to involve a staff member in some way. That staff member will handle gauging interest, PMing everybody about possible locations and times, and all that. Do NOT start PMing each other about the plans. Let the staff member handle it.

This is for safety's sake. We need to be 1000% sure that some random creep won't jump on board and try to join the local "gathering of the gays", or get contact information. Yeah, it'd be easier to handle it all in a thread, but we'd rather do it the slow and creaky way, and feel secure that it'll go smoothly. Got it? Cool. :slight_smile:

I can't imagine there's enough ECers in the Colorado area for a meet, but if you're interested in one, send me a PM, and I'll keep you informed.

Lex