1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are 3 about yourself that your partner would find valuable?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Steve FS, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's time boost our self esteems!

I've been on a lot of forums, and one thing I've noticed is that low self-esteem is rampant.

A large portion of people are single, and they think they're not worth anything. This couldn't be further from the truth. Everyone is beautiful and has a worth.

So in this thread, really think hard and post 3 things that you like about yourself that your future partner will find valuable.

Everyone has something that is attractive about them. So what's your's?

I'll start:

1. I am always thoughtful. If you're feeling sad, there's a very high chance I'm going to detect it and ask you about it because I care about you. You're probably on my mind all the time.

2. I'm a really good cook. Ok, maybe not too good, but I can whip up something tasty if you're feeling like it. I enjoy being in the kitchen and creating things. Feel free to come and help if you'd like. :wink:

3. I'm very comforting. I'm not quite sure what it is about me, but a lot of people have said that I have a very soothing presence. So if you're stressed out, you can rely on a shoulder to cry on and an ear that will listen to you.

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

1. I try to make sure everyone feels included/valuable. Like if someone's trying to talk/say an idea they have and no one's listening, I'll make sure I pay attention to them so others do to.

2. I'm accepting. I try not to judge people that others think are "weird" or mean because I know they probably have their own struggles.

3. I make sure I have fun. Maybe sometimes this gets in the way of school, but I make sure I have a good time with my friends and try new things as opposed to sitting home and doing homework all day. Also, I'm kind of more on the layed back end in general and I don't often get uptight about deadlines and things.

Wow, this was actually kind of hard to come up with, but just what I needed. I think I've been focusing on the negative a lot lately. Great thread!

3. Formality

1. I'm good with technology. I can fix broken tech stuff and I'm quite good with computer related stuff.

2. I know the kichen. I mean I might not be a masterchef but I know my way around the kitchen whether it's baking, cooking food or anything else kitchen related. I can make quite complicated things. (I'm also a self-proclaimed bartender.):grin:

3. I'm open minded. I don't judge, I'm good at understanding and I think I'm quite good at sympathizing by seeing things from other peoples perspective.

4. setnyx

1~ i'm trustworthy ~ won't cheat on you or lie to you. 2 ~ i'm caring ~ i sense when someone is sad, i genuinely care & try my best to make them feel better. 3 ~ i treat people well, which intensifies within a romantic relationship.

5. Meadowlark17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No one will try to steal me.
    Sometimes i'm funny.
    I'm a fairly mellow person.

6. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I like to Laugh

I like to cuddle

I like to watch shows/movies/anime and play xbox with bae

7. Charon

Charon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm kinky.
    I like to have fun.
    I'm creative.

8. Yosia

1. My honesty.
    2. My not-so-serious side.
    3. My loyalty.

9. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1. Loyalty

2. Kindness, and respectful to your needs (eg, I will be happy to give you your own space if you need it at times)

3. Multitude of interests and curiosity to try new things and go new places, but also happy to stay at home in bed all day on a weekend marathoning an old TV show with you

#9 Alder, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  10. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm glad you have this trait. I have trouble finding the balance in people - some people don't give enough attention, and some people expect you to be there for them 24/7.

Dismissiveness/co-dependency = trouble.

11. Justinian20

I'm not sure if a partner will like these, but I do.

1. I'm a creative youngster.
    2. Very open minded, I am very open minded, I will do so many things with people and I can watch any TV show, anime, film and I can listen to any music. I also can try new things like say if boyfriend had hobby, I could dabble my hand in that hobby.
    3. I can act and thus entertain my boyfriend in that way.

12. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just realized I missed out a word in my original post :lol:, but anyhow I agree.

I personally believe that balance in a relationship is important; it should be healthy and mutual. I think that respecting each other's occasional need for time/space is important, but so is being there for one another when needed as well. It's all about knowing and respecting both the other person, and yourself too.

#12 Alder, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  13. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I find it so hard to make drinks. When I try to make them, they either come out too sweet with hardly any alcohol, or I put too much alcohol and end up getting every drunk too quickly, haha.

I remember trying to make a pina colada. Blargh. It tasted like Jergens lotion with a hint of coconut and orange juice.

14. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. Honest

2. Loyal

3. Considerate

(And as a bonus: I love cuddling :grin:)

15. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm a calm person.
    I don't really have emotional outbursts, and I don't need a lot of things to happen all the time.
    I'm fine with just chilling on the couch.
    And unless you're being extremely bigoted/stubborn, I won't yell at you. In fact, I rarely get anytihng close to angry. I have my emotions under control.

I don't expect a partner to devote every waking moment to me.
    Seriously, one of the most dealbreaking things in a relationship for me (after violence and cheating, of course) is when one of the partners get really co-dependent and wants to spend as much time with the other person as possible.
    As others have stated, too little time isn't good either. There should be a balance, and I like to think I respect that balance. Wanna hang out with your friends instead of me this weekend? Cool, go do your thing. Just be honest about it and don't blow me off at the last minute, and we'll be fine.

I do things with good intentions.
    I don't do things to hurt or spite the other person. I'm nice. Sometimes too nice.

I'd like to believe a future partner might appreciate these things.
    Unfortunately, not many of my previous ones have...

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

*Rips off clothes*

This body~!

Serious answer...
    Ambition:
    I don't like giving up, especially when I really, really, really want something. I may fall back for a moment, but I'll regroup and try again later on; new tactics, approaches, and so on.

In a relationship, if you earn my trust and respect, you have a chance at my black heart. I have enough drive for the two of us:

You want motivation? I got you.
    You want resources? I got you.
    You want support? I got you.
    You want a reliable partner? I got you.

If you're deemed worthy, you won't ever have to worry about me coming through or taking care of business. I want to do well, so it only makes sense for anything else in my life to do the same, including you and your life -- and whatever that includes.

Cleverness:
    I'm arrogant, but I'm not an idiot. Just because I think I'm pretty amazing, doesn't mean I believe I'm infallible. To get ahead in this world, you have to swallow pride and practice patience, and wait for the right moment with the right tools.

In other words, I'm exceptional at getting out of jams and tight spots. I'm also pretty damn good at socially breezing through events or situations, which can, by association, make you more appealing. This may not mean much to the livelier individuals, but to somebody a bit more timid, it is a way of feeding their value, as a sort of example.

If you want some witty remark to quote, have this one:

I may not always be right, but I will be.

Soothing:
    Having a silver tongue, I can make the stoic smile and the confident break. And a great deal of that is owed to my constant observing and learning, in general and in regards to others, for many years. I can stroke your ego and insult your pride at the same time, leaving you feeling conflicted and stunned, confusing your own emotions and thoughts.

Nowadays, I strive to go more towards the beneficial side of things. In my earlier hellion days and causing harm and pain to others, I did acknowledge the significance of emotions and one's state of being. I realized, if I was to ever get anywhere effectively, then these two aspects were essential to get access to and use. Despite this background, the present is more focused on getting to the core of a person, behind their deceptions, insecurities, secrets, and perhaps their own sabotaging, to bring out the person they are, they deserve to be.

Basically, I'm willing to hear you out, comfort you, and even help you see through obstacles. All the while cuddling up and watching a documentary on Ted Bundy, as we discuss whether or not you'd be sexy enough for Ted Bundy's tastes -- and how I would knock the holy hell out of him, if he touched you.

I'm an odd one, I know.

17. guitar

I give amazing massages.

.....what else is there? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am quiet
    I am clever
    I don't enjoy fighting

19. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can offer philosophy, creativity and independence.

20. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. You can easily trust me:
    Whether I'm close to you or not, if you want to talk about something and it needs to be kept private, I will never tell anybody. You never have to worry about me cheating or telling other people what we do if you specifically tell me not to. But I will have the urge to talk about how amazing my girlfriend is.

2. I'm honest.
    I also am very open to communication and feel that you should be, too, because it is the key to having a healthy relationship with fewer problems. If I like someone else, you will know, and we could come up with a solution, together, even if it means leaving you. But I would never cheat on you. I also will tell you if I'm unhappy in this, and we can always compromise to make it better. I'm never going to tell you "No, I'm not sad, it's fine" so it might be a more negative aspect- I do have depression, but at least I'm honest about it and I expect you to be too.

3. I will care about you and try to be sure you are happy.

This counts when I'm upset, too. If you're having a worse day than me, then I'll try cheering you up first, and then we could talk about whatever you like. I'm very affectionate, and will never hesitate to hug you or hold your hand if you want that. And if we are alone in the room, you would probably have to really enjoy kissing to be with me. I will make sure you know you're loved and give you a safe place to put all of your feelings in the open, try to offer advice for you, and if I can't, let you know you're always able to come to me if talking about it helps.