1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My School's new Diversity Club

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CapQuestionmark, Oct 22, 2015.

1. CapQuestionmark

I'm really in love with the Diversity Club one of my friends has started at my school. Her interest in the subject peaked when she attended a summer camp that had a similar group class in it, and then she wished to involve the LGBTQA+ students at our school in it too.

Due to our school being in a southern, small town, things are a lot harder; we only seem to have about 5 regular members including myself. A lot of the students are daunted by the idea of being associated with our club, or it's the fact that their parents won't give them written permission to be a part of our loving group.
    We don't only discuss Sexual and Gender related issues, but those of Race, Minorities, and many other things.

I think where I'm getting with all of this, is that I'm so SO very proud of my friend for finding the courage and strength to start this club and help bring people such as myself, similar, and even very much different together into a safe and thoughtful place.

Thank You!

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Aw! I wish I had this in my high school. It would have been nice to join.

3. Gallium

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish my school had something like that! The only "clubs" they have are the sport clubs or chess.