1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chick Fil A

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SubZero, Oct 23, 2015.

1. SubZero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There's a new chick-fil-a restaurant opening at my college campus and everyone is stoked about it. I've never tried chick-fil-a before because there wasn't any in my area. I do know that they used to be anti-gay and I'd feel kind of weird spending my money there. Can somebody please tell me if chick-fil-a is still anti-gay and if they still try to use their customer's money to donate to organizations that try to limit LGBT rights? I know marriage equality already passed nationwide in the US but I still don't know if they're still anti-gay.

#1 SubZero, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  2. Donteatthesushi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Does it matter? Should what they believe in define where you eat? They're not going to ask you if you're gay when you go there. I'd eat there because i want to, i don't care much about politics, in fact i hate both sides and the centrists. I say eat wherever you want and if they don't want you thee find another place to eat. If your politics is what's prevent you from eating somewhere put it aside.

3. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The CEO said being gay is still wrong but she'll shut up about it.

4. Cedar

They still might be, I think they just reduced how much they donate though instead of ceasing donations. The answer to your question can be easily found online, google is your friend(sometimes). I do think you should at least give their food a try before you decide whether or not you want to eat there. I used to live near a few chick-fil-a's before moving to where I am now and I must say, I really miss their waffle fries.:lol: Eat where you want to eat. If you would rather boycott their food, don't go there.

5. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Chick Fil A is delicous. And I definitely agree with Donteatthesushi on this one. Wouldn't let politics interfere with something as simple as where to eat... But some people would make a big deal of it.

It's just food. Food knows no politics.

6. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I still don't eat there. I at least attempt not to give my money to people who want to use it against me.

7. DMark69

Even if the CEO is still anti-gay, the local stores are franchises. Our local CFA I know employed at least two gay people, one of whom was my husband. They gave him a leave of absence to go with me when my father died, when my state did not even recognize our marriage yet.

My point being that while some of the money will go back to corporate, the local business owner may not share their views, and may be actually quite gay friendly. There was even a CFA I read about that sponsored a gay pride event, and another hosted an LGBT fundraiser.

8. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't eat there if there were one near me. I would refuse to give my money to a corporation that has been so vehemently anti-LGBT.

That's just my personal stance. If you want to, though, that's your business and more power to you. As has already been pointed out, food and politics are hardly of the same realm. I just couldn't justify me knowingly paying anything to someone who stands against what I am.

#8 ThatBorussenGuy, Oct 23, 2015
  9. guitar

I'm conflicted. One the one hand, the anti-gay thing. On the other, it's tasty as hell. I say, vote with your wallet.

10. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I eat there because I like some of their food. Politics or no politics. I think it's just the CEO who is against LGBT rights. Why bring this into chicken meals, I don't know.

My main problem is that I always want Chick Fil A on a Sunday.

11. Kaboom

Chick Fil A on a Sunday haha

A friend of mine offered to get me lunch one day while I was at work. I told him I wanted Chick Fil A. He texted me about 20 mins later ''haha real funny, you got me'' He drove all the way out there. It completely slipped my mind they were closed.

12. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The people behind the food do though - and it comes down to how their profits are used. If they're using money to support anti--LGBT groups, it's an issue and people are contributing to it by buying their food.

If the CEO of this company has an opinion I disagree with but doesn't use company profit to fund undesirable organisations, it wouldn't be a problem at all to me.

#12 imnotreallysure, Oct 23, 2015
  13. SubZero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I appreciate the replies, guys. I never tried it before not because they hold anti-LGBT views, but because there was never one close by. It doesn't bother me that they're anti-LGBT, but but I'd be skeptical to give them my money if they could potentially use that money and donate it to anti-LGBT organizations (because I thought that's what they did in the past). I always wanted to try their chicken because people say that it's delicious. I think I'll give it a try.

14. Kaboom

I would like to think they donate it to children's hospitals. I need more information on this.

15. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't eat meat anymore, but I found it over-rated and expensive, for the small amounts of chicken you got, and do not wish to support a company that still funnels $$$ into various right wing and anti-LGBT causes.

I mean, for the price of those nuggets, you could buy a whole chicken, and fry it up. I'll pass.

16. TheStormInside

Agreed. I frequent craft stores, and for the same reason I never go to a Hobby Lobby. I know not every franchise or employee is necessarily anti LGBT, but I personally don't want to support a company who openly wants to deny my rights, as a gay person and as a woman.

17. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've heard of a few Chick-fil-a's participating in fundraisers for pro-LGBT causes, like where they'll donate a portion of a night's proceeds to a group. That's the only way I'd ever go to one. However, if you do go, can you get me like 50000 packets of the honey mustard sauce? Because that shit is delicious

18. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same. I was swimming in Schadenfreude when the Ender's Game movie flopped, because fuck you too ‎Orson Scott Card.

19. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    God that movie was terrible me and my friend didn't get an hour into it before we left the theatre

20. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ikr?! That was just the icing on the Schadenfreude cake. The movie actually sucked, so they can't even blame this on LGBT folks boycotting it (as if we had the numbers to do that).

#20 RawringSnake, Oct 23, 2015