1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Fair"! Grrrr

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by spydar, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spydar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just came back to the site after being away a while ( all change here er?) and the only real reason I joined the site was to use the chat , I hardly ever posted threads etc to date about 40 posts, I joined in feb 07 and think its very unfair that I ma not allowed in to the chat ,thats what I joined for! why should I (we) be punished & marginalised just because I (we) dont post lots of threads/ I know this will get me know where but as Im not allowed to "CHAT" about it I had no choice but to voice my upset here...
    I was in a straght reliationship for 14yrs and so have no or very outdated info on the scene etc ,and so chat is very important to me,and that has been taken away..NOT FAIR!!!:tantrum:

2. Jeimuzu

These restrictions have been put in place to prevent a breach of the law. EC aren't going to risk that.

It's not like it's exactly hard to post on forums, it's not like chat has been taken away. I've got nearly 1500 posts, and I've been here less time than you have.

3. crystaltriforce

dude you only need to post a few more times and apply for a full membership to get access to the chat.

4. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Calm down, you can apply to be a full member and have access to the chat room. You've been a member here for a long time and have posted just under 50 times.. Apply and see what happens.

5. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, aside from the fact that this post has shown you to be very immature and a person who can't deal with disappointment when things don't go exactly as they should, I would apply for full membership.

6. spydar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    oh right get off your high horse for a moment and think and then tell me honestly ,that if you are ever dissapointed you just skip on happily by? and why the hell is it immature to be dissapointed anyway?
    I could say that by YOUR post that YOU are immature because you cnat be sympathetic & try to see others point of view, so there ... ner ner na ner ner!!! :dry:

7. spydar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    and like I tried to explain I joined for the chat and do not want to post as thats not the way I used the site before (as it was not a prerequesetto do so)

8. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is so childish...your attitude isn't exactly gonna help when you apply for full membership.

9. spydar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    what are you on about? i have not used foul language, or been rude ,just said I did not think it fair, and apart from that have just been defending my point, whats "attitude" about that?

10. crystaltriforce

they are talking about how some people might interpret how the origional post comes off as wineing about this like a little kid would.

p.s. i don't think you are wineing about this.

11. Bunny

Dude. If they let everyone use the chat, regardless of post-count?

It'd be constantly flooded with trolls who only joined to harass us.

12. JustAnotherName

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It might be any idea to read through this thread, if you haven't already, it explains what changes were made and the reason for them. :wink:

13. Amy

Amy

I agree with BlakeHarmony and heatqueen. I think that you are acting very childish about this. You may apply for full membership soon, but this attitude (telling others to get off their high horse, jumping to conclusions, et cetera.) is only going to nearly ruin your chances. Frankly, if you don't like the new rules, you can leave. If you don't want to, then I suggest you reconsider the way you are acting.

Go ahead and call me stuck-up or a bitch; it will only hurt your chances more.

14. spydar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    well it seems that if it were to keep people from trollin it would be easy to remove em? what is happening here is a case of me being smothered by a cliche bunch, rather than reading my first post & seeing my point ,(especially as i have been a member longer than some of the repliers) ,when I joined it was different and I was only saying that it was a shock to see the changes and unfair(imo) As I had only really used the chat system with no trouble, and that should be enough to prove that i can use it as it was meant to be used.. by giving my views 90% of the responces are not to do with "what" I said but rather my perceived tone..I have no intention of playing written ping pong . so i will just go ahead and post one word replies all over the forum so that when I have enough numbers i just might be seen to have proved I can use the chat, though how that proves anything is for another day, to all you who didnt call me a whinger moaner etc i thank you ,for all the others ,well fill in the blanks ---- --f

#14 spydar, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  15. spydar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    what conclusions did I jump to ? please elaborate...( excluding my posts after your acusation of course. )

16. -Michael-

The forum is better then chat in my opinion.

Don't think you're being oppressed for being a minority...

It's all for safety.

17. Brandford

Please calm down, if this continues, I'm fairly certain they will ban you, try sending a message to one of the mods so they can explain what happened to cause the changes

18. Trumpetplyer23

I'm thinking that someone is overreacting a little.

The rules were put into place to protect minors because people over 18 were contacting them inappropriately.

You can apply for a Full Membership (so you can use chat) after you post 10 times. You have over 50 posts. You can do it.

However, I do agree, you are being slightly childish.

Would you rather have the rules in place or someone get hurt and EC have to close down completely?

19. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.