1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My hair!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DangerousDan, Oct 24, 2015.

1. DangerousDan

DangerousDan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Today has been one of those days. I was getting my hair cut and the lady cutting my hair informed me that the two bald patches on the back of my head were starting to grow back.

After months of having these bald patches and my doctor being like "Well I don't have any idea what caused it, have a nice day" I was really rather excited to discover that it was starting to regrow. Actually I was pretty much like this: (!):eusa_danc

Then the woman cutting my hair said, "yup, looks like it's growing back grey"... :bang:

Looks like I'm going to be grey before I'm 20, oh well, at least I won't be bald by then :icon_bigg. What about everyone else, what sort of state is your hair in? is it all falling out or turning grey?

#1 DangerousDan, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  2. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    You could bleach your hair a color so it wouldn't be grey

3. DangerousDan

DangerousDan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, the people in the barbers said they could do that for me. Though in all honesty I wouldn't mind my hair going grey too much. What I really don't want is two large patches of grey hair on the back of my head and the rest of it brown.

I guess I'll wait and see what happens in a couple of months then go from there.

4. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a small bald spot where I've had a spit of eczema on my scalp for the past few months. Other than that, I've been graying since I was 12.

5. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That's actually quite interesting. Have you always had those bald spots?

6. timo

I started losing a bit of my hair in the front some years ago, with the result that my hairline is the weirdest and most useless ever. Luckily, I haven't gotten balder in the last few years. Hope it stays like this. Going bald is high on my list of weird fears.

Over the years, my hair got curlier too. I hate it.

7. littleraven

That's interesting. Some people get grey hair early like that. There's a guy I met when he was in his early 30s and his hair was all grey. It probably started growing that way years before I met him.

#7 littleraven, Oct 24, 2015
  8. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Think about it like this. No one else(not many) has gray hair your age. Now, it might not be the most fashionable, but it will be easier to dye this way, if you so desire. The fact that it's only one place on your head makes it cool. Some people would dye it in one place intentionally. Your's is natural. It's like you got kissed by a troll.

#8 Linus, Oct 24, 2015
  9. DangerousDan

DangerousDan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, they came up towards the start of summer this year, shortly after I had sat all of my exams.

That is a cool way of thinking about it :grin:

I think I'll wait for it all to grow back and then decide what to do with it, I may just leave it as is. I dunno I'll have to see if I like it first I suppose.

10. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Personally, I think graying hair looks really attractive, especially when it's on young people. It makes them look intelligent and refined. So you do you :slight_smile:

11. rudysteiner

She should have said 'it's growing back grey, but will go back to your natural colour eventually'.

I had my hair fall out (alopecia areata) this year and I'm 17, so I think around the same age as you, but quite severely, I had about 20 patches on my head of missing hair. I just had it all shaved off to a 1 all over a few times and it grew back. My barber tells me to stop stressing every time she sees me because she thinks that's the cause. It probably is.

I've been going grey since I was about 13, but I've got very dark hair so it's more noticeable. I've been thinking about bleeching my hair & dying it a different colour but I'm not so sure anymore as I'm not out to my familyh and I'm worried it'll just scream the word 'gay' all the time unless I go for a shade of brown which I think is pointless because I've already got brown hair. :grin:

12. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Could the grey be because of stress? Many of my friends have grey hair because of stress, and I'm just chilling...the bald patches though, are interesting. I've never seen anyone with a random bald patch :confused:

Now that I think about it, I have. In the middle of her head, and was prone to turning red. She said the doctor didn't know what it was, so maybe it's similar?

13. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You need to see a dermatologist.
    Moreover until then rub a little of sunscreen on the bald patches. It will stop sunburn.
    But you need to see a dermatologist right away

14. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have one or two grey hairs, but it's not something I really worry about. My grandmother on my mom's side was completely grey by the time she turned 25 I think. I have two or three completely black hairs too, which is also thicker than the rest. The rest of my hair is somewhere between dark blonde and light brown, depending on whether I'm indoors or out.

15. Origamidragons

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My hair is long and blonde. Dyed blue highlights.