1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orange is the new black

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MayaBee, Oct 25, 2015.

1. MayaBee

anyone addicted to it as much as I am?

2. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh yeah, I enjoyed it when I watched it a while back! Haven't rewatched it in a while though, but even objectively, the diversity of the cast and characters is great.

3. Posthuman666

I watched the whole show in less than a week...............

4. js28

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was really enjoying it until the most recent season. I got to episode five and just lost interest. Nothing seemed to be happening. Is it worth persevering?

5. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I can't watch it unfortunately due to parental blocks on netflix haha but I have actually seen a good chunk of the show on youtube.
    Funny story:
    So my I was watching Friends with my Grammy and she goes "Are those two girls getting married?" And I said yeah and she just kind of scoffed. Then later she was like "Can you help me with my netflix? I want to watch the next episode of Orange is the New Black."

Haha
    Anyway though it seems like a really good show and Ruby Rose...

6. Zombi3

Yes!

I watched all the episodes when I lived at my friends flat.. I loved the character Vi, but you'll need to continue to the next season for her appearance I think.

7. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My partner and I watched the first 2 seasons as quickly as we could after we saw the first episode. Now we're on the 3rd season, and we know that once we've seen it, we won't get more until next year. Which sucks. So we're limiting ourselves to one new episode every 4 weeks. It's difficult...but hopefully it'll keep us in new story until the 4th season comes out.

It definitely has the potential to be addicting...we just hate addiction, and are working hard to keep the urges under control.

That said, though, I understand where js28 is coming from. The 3rd season *does* seem slow, compared to the others. Maybe it's just taking some time for the major plot twists of the season to kick in, but I'm finding it easier to wait 4 weeks for my next episode than I'd have found to be the case for either of the first two seasons.

Still...it's an awesome and well-done show.

8. rudysteiner

I've seen every episode of OITNB and it did seem as an 'Oh, here's some retrospectives of the characters' sort of thing rather than a series with cohesive plots etc.

I can remember the thing with Nicky and the backstories of a few of the characters and that's it. My fav backstory was Poussey's though and I think that was in S2.