1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you use the EC blog for?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Void, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Void

So yeah... the title says all there is to know.
    I was wondering just that, and since I didn't want to look like a stalker and see all the blogs I could get me mouse to click, I'll let you write it if you want to share :slight_smile:

P.S.: It's really difficult not to try and read all your stories because first, I love reading, second, you're all so interesting, sweet and diverse people and all the prejudiced people should get to read your stories :slight_smile:

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I haven't posted much, but I am starting to use it regularly. I use it as a therapy, and a way to jot down all my thoughts so I can go back a year from now and read what I wrote and see how much I've grown since then.

[Edit] Ah, what Berru said. I don't mind having people read mine, either. They're public, after all :slight_smile:

#2 Steve FS, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  3. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I mainly just use mine to vent, and to get some thoughts cleared.
    I don't mind people reading it, if I did, I wouldn't write things in it.

4. Yosia

I did use mine as like a little 'life update' thing. Not updated for a while though. Feel free to look at it, i might update my blog soon actually. :3

5. Cedar

I mainly use it for rants but I have considered putting up the short stories I write for characters in the world I'm trying to create. I've been considering instead of making a series of stories out of the world and maybe turn it into an rpg, I don't know though. I don't really mind people reading my blogs, it's just a shame that nobody can comment on them.

6. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mainly for personal experiences and insight that relate to sexuality + gender, but I might put up some other stuff like writing or just daily happenings in the future. We'll see...

7. Lyana

I've used it mainly to "keep track" of my coming out process, but also to share thoughts about relationships and some LGBT issues, as well as talk about anything that's going on in my life that could be of mild interest to someone who's interested in LGBT topics. And I talk about myself, too.

I like writing, and sometimes something happens during my day that makes me go, Oh, I should post this on EC. And it's usually nothing post-worthy, so it goes straight to my blog. ^^

8. C P

C P

I don't.

Can't think of much use for a blog.

9. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I use it from time to time to get my thoughts down about how I'm feeling and where I'm at, sort of like a journal.

10. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I post my short stories on it. My first three entries were about stuff in my life, but now it's just short stories because my life's not eventful enough to make use of the blog otherwise.

There's still some that are already written that I need to add, and as I complete new ones I'll add those, too.

#10 ThatBorussenGuy, Oct 25, 2015
  11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

References, really, is my intention as of typing this.

A compilation of things about me, so I can just link them when/where appropriate. Or folks can have a one-stop sort of shop, as opposed to browsing several topics and forum areas, if they want to know some things about myself.

12. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've used my blog to do a number of things. A few rants. A few short stories. And one extended series talking about my experience avoiding group showers in junior high.

My blog is--or should be--open for any EC member to see; it seems pointless writing a blog that won't potentially be read. If I wanted to do a straight journal just for myself, well, I could do it more easily and efficiently other ways.

Actually, they aren't necessarily public. It seems to me that one has to go to one's blog control panel to enable viewing by other EC members.

#12 BMC77, Oct 25, 2015
  13. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh wow! Thanks! I just changed mine to public, haha. I had no idea that no one can see it.

14. secretagent

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I use it to rant or just ask people advice on things that i'm going to do either way.

15. Distant Echo

Use it as a diary of sorts. To vent, to record good days and bad, and just when i feel the need to talk things out but don't have anyone i can talk to. I'm finding it really helpful and it's great to read back and see how things are progressing. Mine is a private blog to protect those I am often talking about in there. Only my contacts can read it.

16. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't used my EC blog yet, but I may use it in the future. I guess I haven't found anything interesting enough to write yet.

17. BookWriter1994

Well, I mainly use it to get some advice on figuring out my sexuality. And sometimes try and help others figuring out theirs as well. This is an amazing place to be.

18. SnowshoeGeek

I have done some pondering and theorizing about LGBT stuff there, but I would say I like being able to just write in it as a journal. My actual paper book journal is sitting mostly unused since I joined this site. So whether or not I'm writing things on the coming out process, I look at it as a place I can be more "out" in general about who I am and what I'm thinking.

19. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

Venting or just getting thoughts out mostly. I have written anything recently though.

20. CyanChachki

I used to write about my experiences and whatever was on my mind, but I don't write there anymore. I don't have a lot to talk about.