1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom or Dad?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Plattyrex, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Plattyrex

Hi guys! I was just thinking about parents and what not, and I just kinda wanted to know which parent you're personally closer to. I would say that for me it's definitely my mom. She's just so sweet and accepting and stuff. She kinda babies me, but I like it. My mom is fricking awesome.

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

That's a hard one for me. I guess my mom because I'm a lot like her (although I hate to admit it:slight_smile:) and she's the one who's usually involved in driving us places and keeping track of schedules and she's really caring.
    While my dad isn't as involved, I think I'm similar to him in a lot of ways and even though I don't talk about my feelings with either of my parents much I feel like my dad's more understanding and layed back sometimes and I like hanging out with him.
    But I love 'em both:slight_smile:

#2 bubbles123, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  3. DinelodiiGitli

I was closer to my Dad in every way.
    We were really close when I was little, practically inseparable as we were so similar ( in personality, looks, likes and dislikes). Some of the best moments of my childhood were spent sitting next to him in his big ol' recliner and watching WWE or COPS on TV.

He wasn't perfect or without his flaws but I do miss him dearly.

4. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm closer with my mom, she's just generally a fun person to be around with who never judges and offers me advice whenever I need it. My dad on the other hand can be a total ass, I feel like I'm never good enough for him.

5. Plattyrex

That pretty much sums up my feelings entirely.

6. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think it must be my dad.
    I love my mom too, and she's great and smart and funny, but my dad and I have always had a special connection, and when we're together, we have great conversations.

7. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My mom, hands down.

8. MrSkittles

Mom, defiantly mom

9. Yosia

I'm closer to my Mummy. Mainly because I don't even see my father as an actual father anymore.

10. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Definitely my mom. I'm closer to her, & she's more tolerant with me overall. Me and my dad don't really get along.

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Neither of them I'm particularly fond of, but since you want to know the one we're closest to, that would be my mother.

Primarily due to the fact, I've spent the most time with her, between my two biological parents. She is also easier to cooperate with.

12. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Um, both? I'm not close per se to either, but I'm equally distant with both. If you were to ask someone that knows our family they would surely say I'm closest to mum, and that my sister is closest to pops. If you were to ask my sister tho, she would insist that I'm the favorite (she is right). In reality, one is as dependable as the other, which is the ideal situation I guess.

13. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Mom, definitely.
    I'm close to my Mum, maybe because I'm a lot like my mum in attitude, temper and all although I hate to admit it :wink:
    My Dad, he can be quite a pain sometimes

14. Plattyrex

Yeah, I'm kinda the same:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I love my dad very much, but he can be very difficult sometimes.

15. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
  16. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think I get along better or worse with either of my parents. I'm definitely more like my dad (though I honestly don't think I'm that much like either of them), but I get along well with both of them most of the time and they can both frustrate me in different ways. I spend more time with my dad though.

17. Rancid

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mom, although it feels like we've grown distant since I was outed.

18. guitar

Kind of ditto for me as well, although I don't think my dad is as bad as you describe yours. He's never really had an issue with me being gay, but I won't say he's been "pro" gay either. It's just sort of an unspoken thing between us for the most part. It's kind of easier to be closer to my mom because we can talk about boys lol - not that we really do, but still.

19. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Definitely my mother. She is literally a saint and is a huge role model for me. She is the most selfless woman I know. She will often pay fines for disadvantaged people out of her own pocket at work if she can't waive it entirely, (she works for the state as an auditor), and also will go out of her way to help anyone who needs it with anything, she's so resourceful. Every year she does all of my friend's taxes for free. She's fixing my roommate's bike for free right now. She's helped me through college, through moving to a new city, directly helped me find my internship through her network, is like a second mother to everyone important to me (my boyfriend, my friends, my roommate) and also will never judge me for anything I tell her.

As long as I am happy she is happy and she supports me 100% in everything I do, and I try to do the same for her. She was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years ago and my brother and I both dropped everything to take care of her and did as much as we possibly could to help her feel better about herself when her hair fell out, when she put on weight from the chemotherapy, and we went running with her to keep her motivated, and to get her out of the house. All of this just within the last few years, my childhood would be pages of praise for her.

If I can be sentimental for just another moment..I'm very vain and I've always sort of thought that my nose was too big for my face, I used to beg my parents for a nose job as a kid even. Several years ago I noticed that my mother and I have the same nose, and that's very comforting actually now that I'm older and more confident in myself. Because when she's gone I will still have something to remember her by, in the mirror everyday.

20. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Neither, really. I have an infinitely better relationship with my mom compared to my dad, but it's still pretty distant.