1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I noticed that I dont know my favorite band as much as I thought

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MayaBee, Oct 26, 2015.

1. MayaBee

In about 3 weeks, I am going to my first concert ever. It's my two favorite bands and I looked up the setlist because they had several performances with this tour already and I noticed, I dont know 1/3 of the songs. Is it still enjoyable if I dont know the songs? Or should I try to find them all ssomewhere and listen to them so I know them and their rythm?

2. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sure, I've been to concerts/music festivals when beforehand, I didn't even know the band- I just went to enjoy the music and see if I discover something new I would like. Other times I did go to concerts with bands I know, but I didn't know all of their songs either.

You can listen to the songs you don't know beforehand if you want, that way you might be more familiar with the lyrics/rhythm and be able to sing along and all that, otherwise you can still definitely have fun going in there knowing nothing at all (or 2/3 of the set)

3. guitar

Outside of maybe a dozen or so of my favorite bands, there are a lot of my favorites I could go see and not know 50% of their catalog. I love Chicago and saw them this summer. I had no clue about half of the songs they played. Same thing with the Scorpions. I'm a HUGE fan of theirs. I saw them last month and didn't know about 5 songs.

4. Jellal

I don't really know the lyrics or song titles to the music I like, most of the time. I just like the sound.

5. CameOutSwinging

I have a bit more fun at concerts when I know the words to all of the songs and can sing along. That's why seeing The Wonder Years has become a particular favorite for me (six times now, totally seeing them more on this current tour!) But I've also discovered some awesome new bands and new songs that I had never heard before by just going to shows. Either way, just have fun!