1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I just weird????

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by grungeteen, Oct 28, 2015.

1. grungeteen

This isn't LGBT related but..

It's so weird. Ever since I was a kid, sometimes I would suddenly get this feeling of like, I don't know... Weirdness and disconnect. I really don't know how to explain this at all. Like the world just felt really weird and I felt really weird and everything was just really weird and like not real and just weirddddd. I don't really know how to explain it any other way. Just weirddddd and disconnected and just not normal. This would sometimes last from like a minuet to like 10 minutes, if I was with my family or something, i would just feel so disconnected, like I didn't 'know' them and I would just feel really strange. And then after a while, I would just suddenly feel really normal again and it would be fine. This rarely happens now but does occur now and then, it happened a lot when I was a kid tho.

Also, sometimes I'd be doing something, especially talking to like my friends about something and everything would suddenly just not feel real and like I'm in a dream and then this would only last for a few seconds and I would suddenly snap back to reality and realize what is happening and where I am. This isn't like me just zoning out like I would normally do in class, I'm literally talking and it would happen while I'm talking. The world for a few seconds just didn't feel real, like I was disconnected and I wasn't aware of anything around me even though I continued to interact with people. It's like I was watching myself do it, but it was still from my perspective? This is different to the stuff that happens in the first paragraph, this does not last as long and I am not as 'aware'. It's like I'm zoning out (but not that normal not paying attention, mind elsewhere type of zoning out) while doing something and then I suddenly realize where I'm sitting and what everyone else is saying.

I probably sound really crazy and these things don't happen very often at all. I don't know if other people have experienced something's like this too or if it's just me?

2. Yosia

I do actually experience this. I don't have a clue what causes it but it has led to some fairly awkward situations while doing things such as shopping or talking. xD

3. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I go through this too sometimes. It can last a while (few days/weeks) or it can just be for a few hours/minutes. Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way sometimes. :confused:

4. DinelodiiGitli

Sounds similar to derealization.

Which I've had pretty much non-stop for the past few years.

5. Ryu

Ryu

Don't do drugs kids.

Well I'm a fucking weirdo and this is never happened to me, so that means it's either normal because I'm not, or you're really, really weird.

6. Belle the Bee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The same things happened to me and I thought I was just losing my mind. I've never told anyone about it before cause I really didn't want people to think I'm even weirder than I am. It feels like I'm not myself and I get a uncomfortable feeling. It' ll seem like I'm watching a movie of myself or something

7. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All my life other people thought I was weird, but I always thought I was normal and everyone else was boring.

8. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Omg this used to happen to me so much when I was younger...not so much anymore though. I always thought it was just me! Glad to know I'm not the only one to experience this :3

9. Plattyrex

I sometimes question my own existence, which probably sounds really dumb, but I'll try to explain. I sometimes go into very deep thought on the subject of the reality of my own thoughts and whatnot. It's very surreal and frightening experience, and when it stops I feel as though I've just taken a nap or something. That's probably not a very good description, but I can't do much better. I never really contemplate the world around me, but I feel like this might be kinda similar.

10. ImaGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I get this too now that I think about it! It usually only lasts a few seconds/minutes, but yea!

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

You sound bored or depressed, possibly both, with the way life is going. Possibly even frustrated that life just 'never seems to come and happen'.

At least that's how it was for me, when I felt similar to you. I kept doing things and... nothing really happened... doing the same thing, or about the same thing, every single day wears a body and mind down.

I can easily disassociate myself from situations, but the past few years I've been resorting to that less and less. It's annoying at times, but I've cut down the number of times still.

Nowadays, when I zone out, it's typically while meditating.

#11 Kaiser, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015