1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are Some Creepy Things That Have Happened to You in the Past?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WhereWeWere, Oct 29, 2015.

1. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

Halloween is in two days, and I think this thread will fit the topic nicely.

My creepy story happened when I was in second grade. The office ladies called me down to grab my lunch that apparently my mom dropped off for me. I was confused, because she had already sent me to school with a lunch that day. The teacher walked me down to the office, and when I got there, I saw a brown paper bag sitting on one of the computer desks. It had both my first and last name written on it, and was written neatly in pen, however, it was also in handwriting I had never seen before. But there was one clearly suspicious thing.

My first name was written wrong.

I told my teacher that the lunch wasn't mine. I was also confused, because nobody else in my school had my first name (the correctly spelled way and the incorrectly spelled way on the bag) or my last name.

She said, "Are you sure?"

I nodded. She looked through the bag, and it had food I recognized in there, but nothing that I had ever seen in my house. I told her I didn't have my food and my house and I didn't want to eat it. Even though I was just a little kid, I wasn't stupid. There was absolutely no way my mother made that lunch, especially with my name spelled wrong on that bag, it was like a loud alarm going off in my head.

She said something along the lines of how the lunch delivered here into the office had a lot of food in it, and again asked me if I didn't want it.

I really put my foot down there. I said no, and absolutely refused to take the lunch.

My teacher shrugged and we went back to class. I remember going home that day and telling my mom about what happened. I think she called the school but I don't remember anything relevant to the lunch bag situation after that.

I'm glad I wasn't naive enough to take it.

So there's my creepy as hell story that happened to me. What's your's?

2. MayaBee

A month ago I was very tired so I fell asleep on my bed with the window open at 5pm. I woke up an hour later to my neighbours looking in and talking about how I was sleeping ._.

3. Ryu

Ryu

My neighbours were robbed two days ago. I feel like a twat because of it because my window overlooks their house, so if I had been looking out of the window I would of been able to do something about it.

4. Immaunicorn

Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't know if this counts as creepy, but here goes. :icon_bigg So, I was biking to my friend's house, and stopped at a street crossing. Then, this car driving by slowed down because of the stop sign, and this guy called out the window at me, "Nice helmet." It kinda weirded me out.

5. CyanChachki

I had a freakishly vivid dream, where I was abducted by aliens and taken to their home planet. I was placed in a house with other people, but they where people I didn't know. We waited in this house for about 20 minutes before one of the aliens approached me and asked me to come to the window with them. I did and they pointed out an extremely large castle and told me that it was mine. I asked them, "what do you mean?" they said "You're royalty, and we have a mission for you." I said, "What's that?" they said, "We can't tell you yet, but we'll bring you back to Earth and from there on, you'll have to wait. When it comes, you'll know."

I was puzzled but went along with it. So we had this weird party, it wasn't much of a party at all. They then brought out these weird looking creatures that somewhat resembled snakes and I picked one up, as did everyone else. Their mouths slowly opened and clamped down on our hands. Everyone, including myself frantically tried to shake them off, when one of the aliens said, "Squeeze them!!" we did, and they came off. The aliens randomly replied, "good, good, good." I looked at my hand and there where two puncture holes in my hand. Someone asked what it was for. One of the aliens replied, "it's a secret. Now, out!" We all ran out of the house, and to my surprise, I was able to breathe. However, I found it fairly odd that there was just one lone house in sight.

After about 5 minutes, we where pushed back onto their ship and that's when I woke up. I felt a bit of stinging on my hand initially thinking that it was some kind of pseudo pain left over from the REM state, so I looked at it and there where two wound marks, identical to the ones I had in my dream. When telling my family the story, they didn't believe me and insisted that I stopped lying. I understood why it would seem like a lie, but nothing was more frustrating than being called a liar when telling the truth. My friend at the time said that maybe I was sleep walking and hurt myself in my sleep.. but two large marks that where identical to the ones I received in my dream? Seems too coincidental for me. Anyway. I still have the scars on my hand today.

6. Ryu

Ryu

^
    Jesus or funnymouth, that is the question. Or maybe both.

7. YinYang

When I was little, I had a stuffed white cat that I called Pearl. One day, I put it in a drawer and then the drawer got stuck. We couldn't open the drawer for a year or so. When we finally got it open, there was nothing in there. To this day, I still have no idea what happened to that stuffed cat.

Another time, I was sleeping in my sister's room because my dad was putting together a new bed frame for me. My sister had a Lulu's Walking Puppies toy thing, a little robotic white puppy that walked and barked a little. When we went to sleep, the door to my sister's room was closed and the puppy was on her desk, a good two or three feet above the ground. In the morning, the door was wide open and the puppy was gone. We found it on the dining room table. My parent's don;t like pranking people, and I would have waken up if my sister had gotten up.

Sometimes, my ds games go missing for a few days, only to be found in a place we already looked. I also sometimes see something out of the corner of my eye, like a man walking across, even when my dad isn't in the room.

8. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Waking up to the Emergency Alert System on multiple occasions. [​IMG]

No, in all seriousness, creepy things don't seem to happen to me, but maybe it's just because I'm not creeped out by much, so I don't think much of anything is creepy. So I'd have to say the creepiest thing to happen in my life happened by proxy: it actually happened to an aunt I used to be close to. She was supposed to be on a plane; I don't remember how or why, but she missed her flight.

Why is that creepy?

The plane she was supposed to be on hit the World Trade Center.

#8 ThatBorussenGuy, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  9. rudysteiner

I went to Paris in July 2014 as a spur of the moment thing, but was debating on whether to go in January 2015 (for my birthday), getting there on the 7th, and almost booked it.

I went downstairs on my birthday (the 7th) and my Mum said to me 'it's a good job you didn't go to Paris today' really creepily, and then said 'go and put the news on.'

I turned the news on and the Charlie Hebdo attack was all over the TV.

10. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw a picture of myself wearing a red shirt... CREEPY

11. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was a strange little kid, and when I was 8, my mother and I took a walk in the woods and found the clean skeleton of a deer. I thought it was really cool so I took a backbone with me to my house. I kept it in a nice ziploc baggie in my cabinet. For a while it was there, but about 2 years ago it up and disappeared. I have no freaking idea where the bone went, and it seriously creeps me out that it could be anywhere in my house, watching, and waiting...

Wow guys. You sure have some freaky stories.

12. Plattyrex

My neighbors were robbed a couple of months ago. The person took a little bit of money and a firearm. I wasn't informed of this until last month when I was watching the lunar eclipse with my mom. She told me about the breakin, and I started freaking out. She tried to calm me down as I was on the verge of tears, and asked me why I was so scared. It was because about a month ago I had my window open, and I heard yelling from my neighbors house. It was very loud, and I could hear it through my headphones while I was listening to music. I didn't think much of it, and just assumed they were drunk or something. But as time went on it got louder and angrier. I think there were only two people, but I'm not positive. I didn't really think much of it at the time, although I was very frightened. Of course I'm such a dummy that I didn't wake my parents up or remember to tell them the next morning. My mom convinced me that I didn't know, and therefore did nothing wrong, but I just feel awful now.

13. CyanChachki

Definitely didn't look like Jesus. Also, just looked up who funnymouth was and it didn't resemble the aliens at all. I suppose I'll have to do a drawing of them some time. But that would be sweet it where Jesus. Epic bragging rights.

#13 CyanChachki, Oct 29, 2015
  14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

99% sure I saw a ghost, yeeeaaaars ago, in an abandoned high school in the "rougher" part of town.

That's the only thing I can think of that is creepy and has happened to me. Now, if you wanted to know creepy things we have done, that's a different story...

15. Distant Echo

I had gone shopping with my sister and on the walk home walked ahead of her with my son as I needed to go to the loo. Let myself in, and while I was in the toilet heard a female voice very quietly call out to my son. I was confused but thought my sister was already back. Washed my hands and walked out to the lounge, where I saw my sister unlocking the front door, having just got back.
    It had been only my son and I in the flat. He couldn't say his own name yet, and it was very clearly a female voice I heard.
    One of quite a few incidents in that flat.

16. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Since this seems to be a Halloween related thread, I have a story that involves ghosts. I was walking down an old street with a bunch of old houses, and I saw numerous ghosts all at once! There were some inside the houses and some outside in the street! It was like for fifteen minutes or so, some sort of door opened into the other side. It was seriously the freakiest night of my entire life, and I never had believed in ghosts before that night so I do not think there is any chance whatsoever that I imagined this bizarre incident. It has never happened before or since.

#16 Contact1111, Oct 29, 2015
  17. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm still not sure how to make sense of this.

When I was in the sixth grade, I had a dream I doubt I'll ever forget. In it, I was walking down a road in the countryside late at night. It was around the fall, and it was pretty cool out. All I remember was seeing a pick up truck drive along side me rather fast, before turning a corner. Next thing I know, there was a loud crash. I raced around the bend to see what happened, and saw that the truck hit a four door head on.

The wreck was horrible, and the windshield of the other car was smashed and covered in blood. The driver's head was slammed into the steering wheel, and was dripping blood. The person in the passenger was ejected from their seat, and was laying lifeless on the hood of the car, surrounded by shards of glass and blood. The two passengers in the back seat were coherent, but barely saying anything. The truck driver looked like he was out cold, likely after hitting his head on the steering wheel. Up ahead, I could see some cars coming down the road, and they were quick to call for help. I didn't notice at first, but I soon got close enough to the wreckage to see who was in the smashed car. It was my friends. I remember just losing it, and then I woke up in a cold sweat almost bawling because of how real it felt.

Fast forward three years and I'm a junior in high school. It was my first time back in the district after leaving for two years, so it felt weird being around people who otherwise treated me like a ghost after noticing I was gone for so long. One day, we were all called to the auditorium for something. I was glad, since it meant I'd get to skip a class and had a mental break for a bit. I wasn't sure what to expect, maybe it was going to be another call in for us to get bombarded with graphic pictures of STDs or some pitiful excuse for a motivational speaker.

It got a little...off to say the least, when two of our school officers were here, our principal (and VP), and someone who would later be introduced as the head of a local funeral home. They told us that four students were involved in an intense car accident over the weekend, one or two of them being freshmen and the others being seniors. My heart fucking sank, and brought back the memories of that nightmare I had. I quickly looked around the room from my seat to see if anyone I knew was missing, and I couldn't see them. They said they weren't sure about the cause, but were sure alcohol may have played a critical role, along with speeding. They didn't say who was in the crash initially, but I found out who they were later on.

While I don't remember the details of the accident completely, two of them were pretty fucked up after the accident and the other two didn't have too many injuries. One of the things that scared me was the passenger beside the driver. She was in my grade, and was ejected through the windshield so far that, from what I remember being told, that she was several feet from the car when help arrived. Miraculously, she survived the whole ordeal, and so did everyone else involved. While she and the others weren't in my dream, the whole thing still gives me the creeps thinking about it and I rarely talk about it.

To this day, I don't think I've ever confided anyone close to me about it aside from my partner, and I doubt I will again after this.

---------- Post added 30th Oct 2015 at 03:48 AM ----------

Another creepy story I can think of happened when I was 12 or so. My cousin and I were messing around with a camcorder I got for Christmas the previous year, and it was mostly us goofing around my basement to take up a disk. About an hour or so later, we finalized it and plopped on the couch to see it. It was terrible and the quality was low budget movie status.

Around the last five or so minutes of it, the disk seemed to skip and the screen was frozen on a single frame for a good ten seconds or so. It was of us in the kitchen, and it was focused on our bar and a closet with our water heater to the right of it. Nothing too weird, right? That's what we thought until we looked closer and saw something weird in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. It looked like a shadow of what, to us, seemed to be a small child and a dog.

The creepy part: My childhood dog died a few weeks or months before this, and the shadow looked strikingly like a German Shepard, the same breed my dog was. As for the kid, I don't know what to say. Being a kid, I immediately thought about something my cousins told me; a horror story about a family with three kids who were slaughtered in the house sometime prior to my mom, aunt, and grandma moving in sometime in the 70s. Later on, I remember being told that my mom had a miscarriage when I was a kid, but I can't say I recall when and I'm too afraid to ask.

I've since lost the disk, so I can't pull up a still or anything. It's still pretty fucking creepy, and it's so far the only experience I've had with "ghosts" that I can really remember.

18. candyjiru

A few Halloweens ago, when I was in college, living in a college house surrounded by frats and sororities, my friend and I were marathoning the Halloween movies together~ Suddenly, we heard a hard knocking at the door. I went to go check, but no one was there... then a few minutes later, the same thing happened... We figured it was some dumb frat guys pranking us because it was a day or two before Halloween night~ but then, we heard a kind of laughing/sobbing coming from the other side, but couldn't see anything out the peephole... My friend stood on a chair and looked out the window at the very top of the door and saw a leg! There was someone on our door @.@;;

So, I opened it and found a guy we barely knew... his face was covered in cuts and blood and our door was also covered in blood because he had banged on it to the point of breaking his hand @.@;;; He was moaning, "The only place I feel safe~~ the only place I feel safe~~~" so I thought he had run away from a mugger or who-knows-what! My friend freaked out, but I helped him throw up and cleaned him up a little, calling the campus police, thinking he had been mugged... but no... he had gotten drunk and smashed a bottle into his face over and over because a girl wouldn't sleep with him @.@;;;; The police came and took our reports and took him to the hospital (and then to get fingerprinted and such) and his friends came and apologized to me, but at that point I was kneeling on my porch, covered in blood, and was like, "I need to get some space..." My friend yelled at them and made them scrub the blood off of everything (omg so much bleach) and they apologized a lot, but it was a pretty effed up thing to happen in the middle of a slasher-fest... or any time, really XD;;;;

#18 candyjiru, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  19. SneakyBuffalo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A bunch of creepy things have happened in my family, but I will tell of two things that happened to me. The first was when I was about 10, early in the day my older sister had threatened to steal some of my stuff, so when I saw a shadow on my wall that night I thought it was her. I got up and chased the shadow into the hallway and then called her name like I had caught her. Only all the doors in the hallway were closed except for the bathroom across the hall from me that had been casting the light. I freaked out because no one was there, and went and sat on the toilet. A moment later everyone came out of their rooms because they heard me call out my sister. I told them what had happened and was too scared to sleep alone so my sisters stayed in my room with me.

Ok, I said I was only going to post two things about me, but I thought I would post another about the older sister I had called out too, who wasn't there. This happened a couple of years later. She was afraid that something was after her cause she kept seeing things out of the corner of her eye. So since it was the summer, she would have one of us younger siblings stay up all night with her because she was scared to sleep at night. This time around it was me staying up with her while she made us watch a Degrassi marathon. Anyway, by dawn I was tired and it was starting to get light out, but the sun hadn't risen yet. I asked if I could go to sleep finally, and she relented. I stayed in the living room on the sofa while she went to her room to sleep. My mom who wakes up early had just woken up too and started to do some laundry. While laying on the sofa, I could see out the window in the dining room, and that is when I saw a shadow pass by. I sat up quickly and looked out the window but didn't see anything else. So I laid back down to sleep and just started to doze off when I hear my sister screaming from her bedroom. From what my sister told us, she was lying down on her stomach trying to go to sleep when all of a sudden she can't breath, and it felt like someone was sitting on her back. When she tried to look back, she could see this shadow person sitting on her back only he looked wrong like he had long limbs and stuff. Anyway, my niece (she is my age, from my half sister) had just woken up too, and walked past her room when it released her allowing her to scream. When I heard I ran to her room with everyone else.

Okay, so the second thing to happen to me also happened to my youngest sister. (I have two sisters and the niece from a half sister) This happened years later when I was about 20 and my younger sister about 17, we had just seen a movie in a neighboring town about 35 miles from where we lived. It was dark and we started home on a road that is slightly mountainous and covered in forest. When we were about 15 miles from home something ran across the road. Now if it had been a deer, or even a bear I wouldn't be telling this story, but it wasn't. I will describe it to you as best I can. It was crawling on all fours, only the front half was human and it was walking on its hands. Its skin was grey and it had black eyes. The bottom half was that of raccoon that was big enough to match the size of this humanoid. Whatever it was, it was fast, supernaturally fast. It moved like a blur. All we would have seen was a grey blur, hadn't it stopped to glare at us. It popped out from one side of the tree line, stopped in the road, looked at us with those black eyes, and then ran into the tree line on the other side. As it picked up speed we could see its front arms moving, only it was weird and jerky looking. We drove about another 10 miles in silence when I asked my sister, "Did you see that?" She was like "Yeah!" before she started to describe to me what it was she had seen, which turned out to be what I saw. I hadn't said anything as to what I saw, so as she described it, I knew we had both seen it and that I wasn't crazy.

Well, these are the creepy stuff that happened to me. I don't know if you'll believe me as I have trouble believing myself sometimes. I know one thing for sure, I fear breaking down on that road at nighttime, as we go to that next town a lot to go to Walmart or the movies. As a Native American, I am more open to the possibility of otherworldly things, although until the last story I was more of an atheist, although now I am more of a believer. Also if I had to guess as to what the thing in the last story was, I would say a skinwalker, even if it was on an Indian reservation in Washington (to which one, I won't say in order to remain more anonymous). Despite being told to keep things like this a secret by my family as part of customs, and because I could make things worse, I have told you all anyway.

20. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had this happen to me a couple of times. Maybe it's a reference to something.