1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The weirdest experience of my life

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Plattyrex, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Plattyrex

Okay, not LGBT related in the slightest, but neither are any of my other threads, so... whatevs. I just need to talk about this and this is probably the sweetest online community I've ever seen, so I assume general advice from hear will be pretty good. So I was getting up for a drink in the middle of the night. My room is right across from my mom and dad' s room, and my mom in bed sleepin, which was normal, as it was probably around 11:45 pm. However when I went downstairs, the lights were on, the tv was on, and my mom was down there. I shrugged it off and poured a drink. My mom looked over her shoulder and smiled at me, so I asked how she was doing. At that moment I realized that the lights and tv were off, and my mom was not down there. I was still holding my drink though, and I got really confused. When I started to realize that it was all in my head I began crying, and set my drink on the counter and ran upstairs to my room. I was tempted to wake up my mom to provide some sort of comfort, but I was afraid she might get mad. I got no sleep that night, and more or less just cowered under my blanket all night. I know it might not seem scary, but it was. This has never happened to me before, so I don't think there's anything wrong with me. I'm not schizophrenic or anything, so I don't get why this happened. Do you think I was sleep walking? I kinda want to tell my mom but I'm so overly emotional and dramatic most of the time that she would probably just shrug it off, and my dad doesn't really ever give me emotional support, so I'm kind of in a weird position. So I really just want to know if you think this is a legitimate reason for concern. Thank you very much for listening to my rambling, I just hate keeping this bottled up.

2. punkins

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Were you sleeping before you went to get a drink? And was it still on the counter in the morning?

It does sound pretty weird, but you coulda still been asleep. The brain is a damn powerfull thing man!

3. blueberrykisses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If you have a history of sleepwalking, that coul explain it, however at your age it's unlikely that you would still be sleepwalking...

The creepiest experience of my life so far (and I remembr it so vividly and will remember it for the rest of my life) was when I was lying awake in bed one night, I couldn't fall asleep. I shared a room with my parents (I was like 8 at the time) and my mom was sleeping on the other side of the room in her bed. My dad was away hunting for the weekend. My grandma was away in a different city. It was just me and my mom home for the entire weekend..

So, I was just lying in bed, looking around, etc... and I looked at the door. It was halfway open. And suddenly a hand reached out and touched the knob for a few seconds and then let it go and that was it. It couldn't have been anybody since nobody was home!! I was sooo fucking scared I could've screamed. I immediately got up and got into my mom's bed. I told her the next morning and she said I was just seeing things... I WAS NOT.

4. Plattyrex

I don't think so... but maybe. It all feels very surreal in retrospect.

---------- Post added 30th Oct 2015 at 08:08 AM ----------

I don't think I really have a history of sleep walking, so I guess it really couldn't have been.